Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick wiring help

I am trying to figure out the stand alone wiring for my 02 LQ4 into my 73 nova with a 4 speed, so no trany stuff. I plan on just doing the "3 wire" setup and leaving the engine harness untouched for now. My engine is DBW but I assume that I just connect the stock connector from the engine harness to the TAC module.

from what I gather the minimum hook up to the engine is:

connector C1 position B11- wire feeds 12v Battery+ to ignition switch, hot at all times (what is meant by feed ignition switch? I assumed that the car would get power directly from the battery. The "hot all the time" part seems to indicate that just a line from battery positive would work).

connector C1 position A9-this wire is FROM ignition switch, hot in RUN, START (I assume I should connect the wire that is hot only the key fully turned ie cranks the engine, only hot at start up)

connector C3 position F1- power to the fuel pump (makes perfect sense)

connector C100 position C- PCM power, 10A fused ignition hot (so this just requires a ignition hot source with a fuse, it seems odd that this tiny wire is the only ignition hot line going to the engine)

What I have on my car:

hot side of battery (Duh)

always hot line that powers the car, this line used to hook to the starter on the same stud as the battery positive line and has a branch off that hooked to the stud on the old alternator.

old crank over power to starter (seems like this should go to connector C1 position A9)

ignition hot to the old distributor (should this go to connector C100 position C?)

ignition hot line to old alternator (went to 2 pin connector on the old alternator)

always hot line to old alternator (went to 2 pin connector on the old alternator)

any help in connecting the the car to the engine would be greatly appreciated
thanks

Last edited by jetback73nova; 12-02-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Quick wiring help