Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wont't go into closed loop

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont't go into closed loop

got wiring done and car fired right up. runs good but will not go in closed loop.2002 ls1 4l60 in 67 camaro. have code for no check engine lamp curcuit, I have wire but not hooked to anything yet,will this not let it go into closed loop? grounded terminal 34 on blue pcm conector to show computer its in park but no result. thanks in advance if any ideas.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I can't remember if having the MIL affects that or not but it could affect error reporting until it is repaired.

How do you know you aren't in closed loop, do you have HPT or EFI Live? Closed loop takes a lot of parameters in account before it happens and one is coolant temp. My PCM was programmed by some people locally before I was on here and they F-ed it up royally - closed loop was essentially disabled (among many other illogical things) and the car ran like crap with no power. I bought some tune software, a spare ECM and started comparing, only to realize I had been raped and didn't even know it. Now the car runs great, idles smooth and is mellow enough for granny to drive - until you want it not to be.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Default no closed loop

I have a snap on solus scanner and can watch the temp goes to 206, the fans kick on and temp drops to 198 but scanner still says its in open loop. I take it up to around 2000rpm and hold it for a while and still no change. speartech did the pcm upgrade, I told him what I had and he did whatever he does to make it work. thanks

Last edited by duhr8m; 12-04-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: wrong words
Old 12-05-2010, 07:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Check for power to the sensors??
Old 12-07-2010, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

I agree with Old Geezer. I would also check for loose, or damaged wires and connectors. I assume you checked and you aren't getting any codes and everything is hooked up.

It's possible that John @ Speartech "turned off" closed loop depending on what you gave him for parameters, but on a street car I would want it enabled. I would call Speartech and have him check the PCM after you check all your connections and grounds.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Default closed loop

only code is for no check engine light hooked up.p0650
Old 12-08-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

What harness are you using? I see that John did the PCM.. His harness, too?
If it's a stock harness that you modified, do you have the wiring for the rear O2's hooked to the ft? If so, the modded PCM may have the rears shut off...
Old 12-08-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by duhr8m
only code is for no check engine light hooked up.p0650
I can't remember where I saw this but I don't think you can have the CEL / MIL disconnected and get proper error reporting. My swap where I got that code was too long ago to remember if this is true and it's so easy to hook up even as a temporary thing it isn't worthy of skipping.

Quick Reply: wont't go into closed loop