Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Rod Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default E-Rod Questions

1. At a show at the Peterson Automotive Museum in June a GM Performance Parts employee told me that an E-Rod package that included an automatic transmission would be released this fall. Does anyone know if it has been released yet? Also, I thought he said it would be a 4L65E but not sure.

2. Is the PCM with the E-Rod programmable with software such as LS-1 Edit of something similar?

3. Why isn't there a forum category for the E-Rod?
Old 12-11-2010, 07:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sol_searcher
1. At a show at the Peterson Automotive Museum in June a GM Performance Parts employee told me that an E-Rod package that included an automatic transmission would be released this fall. Does anyone know if it has been released yet? Also, I thought he said it would be a 4L65E but not sure.

2. Is the PCM with the E-Rod programmable with software such as LS-1 Edit of something similar?

3. Why isn't there a forum category for the E-Rod?
So far the GMPP package for A4's still uses a standalone trans controller. ECM is tunable with EFI live and HP tuners.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rsz288
So far the GMPP package for A4's still uses a standalone trans controller. ECM is tunable with EFI live and HP tuners.
Thanks for the info. GMPP always seems slower about introduction of new products than they say the are. I was waiting for the engine/atuo transmission package to avoid the cost of the stand-alone trans controller.

GMPP also told me that there was going to be an E-Rod version of the the LS-7 released but that hasn't happened either.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Teching In

I can't seem to find much regarding anyone actually doing E-Rod conversions. Is this just a cost issue? My internet searches have resulted in few actual conversions.

I am intrigued because of the 49, possibly 50 state, legality of the conversion. Even though GMPP was pushing it as 50 state legal; my understanding is that it is still undergoing the approval process for an EO number in California. So I don't know if it can really get CARB approval if you do the conversion. Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge with obtaining CARB approval for a swap?

Also, GMPP told me that no modifications can be made to the engine in California and remain legal. You can not even use parts that have and EO number and still remain legal.

Would like to confirm some of this information. Can anyone chime in?
Old 12-18-2010, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that they had E-Rod engine packages at the SEMA show from the 5.3 all the way up to the LS9.

Pat
Old 12-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sol_searcher
I can't seem to find much regarding anyone actually doing E-Rod conversions. Is this just a cost issue? My internet searches have resulted in few actual conversions.
One factor is that it hasn't been available very long. I believe they were only introduced in the 2010 catalog.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Teching In

There is an E-ROD package listed on e-bay in the ls3 engine section !!

Quick Reply: E-Rod Questions