Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TKO-600 and DBW Cruise Control troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TKO-600 and DBW Cruise Control troubleshooting

Anyone using a TKO-600 and have the DBW cruise control working?

I've got a 2005 Corvette LS2 in my Chevelle and I had my harness and PCM modified by Current Performance, giving them the specs for the build....gear ratio, using tko-600, want cruise control operational (donor car was an automatic)

I've got everything wired as directed, used one the threads here with directions for wiring my Dakota digital stalk switch (used relays to get the output as needed.)

I'm using the mechanical speedometer output on the transmission to operate the factory speedometer. The VSS output on the transmission is connected to the PCM. The wiring harness has a speedometer output that I am not using at this time (so I have no way of knowing if I'm getting a signal through the pcm.)

Any help on this would be appreciated. This is my first step into EFI. Everything else is working perfectly.

Once back from Current performance, my harness the following wires, that I would think are associated with the cruise: two brake switch (one NO and one NC), clutch disengage switch (NO), Cruise "on" (NO w/cruise switch in the "on" position, Resume/Accel (+12) when pressed, set/coast ((+12) when pressed

Does the wiring sound right? Would the the speedometer output not being connected to anything affect operation?
Old 12-15-2010, 11:59 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The NO brake switch wire needs to be wired to the brake light circuit (it needs to see a resistance signal to ground till the brake is depressed)

As far as I know, the Cruise on wire needs +12v when the cruise is on, during accel and decel.

The speedo output from the PCM not being hooked up shouldn`t affect anything.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Doed your LS2 have a TAC module? If not, there was some discussion that motor without a TAC reqired the BCM for cruise control to work.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-ggto-ls2.html
Old 12-16-2010, 05:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would think that without the speedometer wire connected to something, that might prevent the cruise from working. I know the computer has a DTC code for the speedo, so I would think if it can tell that a speedo is not connected, that might make it not run the cruise.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Guess I need to give Jerod, at Current Performance, a call again. I'm pretty positive I've got the wiring right. I am running LED rear lights, so I added a standard type bulb located in the trunk so there would be so resistance in the line (but I was having the same problems before I converted to the LED's).
Old 12-17-2010, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

I am looking at getting DBW cruise going on my. My understanding is you need the BCM to get the speed to the ECU.

Quick Reply: TKO-600 and DBW Cruise Control troubleshooting