Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Speedo question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Speedo question.

Hey guys I have a 69 camaro with a LS1 and T-56 in it. I want to keep my stock gauges. Does anyone know of a look alike that would work off the pcm signal. If not I have a converting box that will drive my speedo. Does the pcm need to know wheel speed if I use the converting box. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out speedhut gps speedometers. They have old muscle car factory style gauges and are calibrated by GPS, no need to go off tire size rear end ratio etc...

take a look they are cheaper then autometer too.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Teching In

checked it out didn't see any factory gauges on their web site. I e-mailed them to see if they could help me. If I use the signal converter is ther any need to to send the speed sensor info to the pcm?

Last edited by tchance; 12-22-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When you say "converting box" are you talking about the Cable-X box, made by Abbott Tach? If that's what you have you need to send the signal to it from the pcm output.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
When you say "converting box" are you talking about the Cable-X box, made by Abbott Tach? If that's what you have you need to send the signal to it from the pcm output.
Yep, just use the speedo output from the PCM, set the dip switches for 4000 pulses per mile and you're good to go. Abbott Enterprises will tell you to tap directly into the speed sensor wiring, which also works, but hooking it to the PCM is easier.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Thanks that is what I will do if I don't do the mechanical mod on my tail shaft. I already have the cable-X box. I used it with my 383 non LS motor. I didn't like that it fluctuates a bit with speed change. I can live with it if I have to. I also, with searching the forum found that a stalling issue could occur if I didn't let the pcm see wheel speed. Thanks guys for your help this site has helped me so much. Thanks Again!

Quick Reply: Help with Speedo question.