Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4/LQ9 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4/LQ9 Swap

Got a few questions I cant really seem to get a good clear answer for. I have a 99 Firebird I want to swap either an LQ4 or LQ9 into, I'm pretty sure IIRC that the LQ4 has lower compression, but I don't plan on turbo'ing it or anything, I just need some V8 power in place of my tired V6. I would like to go with an LQ9 because it seems like I have heard a lot of great things about them. The issues im running into on confusion is wiring, does anyone know of any of the sponsors that sell a good kit for this type of conversion, i am not a good electrician by any means, way, shape or form. I would just like it to be a painless and simple as possible. I know that I will need new motors mounts, and a new tranny and planned on going with a th350 or th400 if at all possible since i don't believe the bell housing patterns bolt up between the V6 4l60-E and the LQ9. Even if they did, I would swap the tranny anyways just to know how much power I COULD handle through it, I know along with that, I will/should get a new rear end at some point soon. Any other suggestions? Last thing, should I consider getting a new k-member?