Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette accessory drive questions in 2nd gen TA

Old 12-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette accessory drive questions in 2nd gen TA

I'm in the planning stage for my ls swap into a 1980 T/A. I have already bought an all aluminium 5.3 out of a 04 envoy, so I have the engine as well as a ls6 intake with cable TB, and a F body oil pan. I know most use the f-body/ CTS-v serpentine drive system for this conversion, however it appears that many have clearance issues with the alternator. So.... it also appears that the corvette style setup has better clearance with the alternator, so I was considering this setup:

http://paceperformance.com/i-5135244...7-engines.html

However, in the pic, the water pump looks different from the ls1 style car pump set up. I also know that the crank pulley is different for each set up based on the "offset" needed. So.... my questions are:

1) has anyone used this setup before for this conversion, and what were the results?

2) are the c5 and c6 crank pulley the same?

3) Can you use the ls1 style corvette water pump with this setup?

4) If the answer to 3 is no, can you use the c6 style water pump with the 04 5.3?

Thanks so much in advance for anyone who has any helpful advice.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Im using the LS1 WaterPump with just a C5 Crank Pulley and a C5 Alt Bracket....so it should work, did for me U can check my pics out of the motor in my garage and at cardomain below
Old 12-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Launching!

I have all c5 accessories in mine works fine but I'd rather have f body accessories on mine

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette accessory drive questions in 2nd gen TA