Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 C5 complete dropout swap

Old 01-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 C5 complete dropout swap

i bought a complete dropout from fparts from an 03 c5, its goin into a 90 mustang lx... i would like to keep the DBW TB, what would be my best bet, send my harness to speartech, buy a mast motorsports setup, or pick apart the stock harness myself with diagrams
Old 01-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Staging Lane

Im doing a similar swap with a 2001 camaro drivetrain that I bought with the Painless harness with DBW but I dont see anyone with foxes going this route. Is there a downfall to DBW that I am not aware of?
Old 01-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd go with Speartech, or build your own from a stock harness. Painless is good stuff, but it ain't really that "painless", and it seems like their EFI harnesses are meant more for street rods.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

There is a ton of information in the stickys that will help you, when you have the required information in front of you, start at the ECM plug and go at the harness yourself. Take out the wires you don't need, and DO NOT CUT anything before you know where it goes and what it does. If you have the stock vette fuse block, I would use that and just feed it power and the couple ignition wires it needs and call it a day. If not, find the pin out for the C2 plug and start tagging/cutting.

Also, make sure you have the TAC module AND the gas pedal/harness from the donor car.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:22 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds like a great project! We can help you out with a complete control package with Mast M90 ECM, Wiring, Foot Pedal and Air Filter. Let me know if you have any questions!

Search this Thread