Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REPOST: Need a little help...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REPOST: Need a little help...

Whats up fellas! My name is Mack. I have a 85 IROC that im putting a LS1 into. Im not a newb to cars and motors in general, this is just my first time dabbling in the LS world. All i have right now is the complete block. I decided to go this route simply because i wanted to build it up from the bottom my way. My goal is to make at least 450RWHP, anything over that would be icing on the cake. So i guess i'll start by telling you what ideas i had an you can give me some feedback. Ported LS6 heads with all the goodies, all the bolt on goods(headers, throttle body, etc..), a big cam(not sure of size or brand, need help on that, but i do like a choppy idle...lol), injectors-rails-fuel prs reg, & msd. Im sure i have more stuff on my list, but i cant find my notepad...lol. But that kind of gives you a idea of what im thinking. any feedback is appreciated....

I posted this in another section, i got a lot of views but only one reply. i know people are helpful on this board, because i used and watched it before i joined. lol...so i decided to try a little more popular section.

thanks in advance!
Mack
Old 01-10-2011, 01:36 AM

Not sure why they moved my post here, im not asking for installation help. I figured this would be general information since im only asking about a motor. Smh...
Old 01-10-2011, 05:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

450rwhp is easy with a manual trans, i make a solid 422rwhp right now with crap heads and a small cam.

with a stock bore and stroke ls1 (346cubic inches) i would suggest a good set of heads, 243s should be fine, a good set of dual springs, fast intake and throttle body, at least 90mm on both and a decent size cam.

with that being said there are alot of cams out there to choose from, thunder racing, texas speed, vengeance racing, etc are a few big cam companies along with other things. with the parts listed above and say thuder racings max effort Raptr camshaft .615/.615 lift with a 111lsa will get you to your power goal if not more. and it has a very nice choppy idle. or you can contact Pat G for a custom spec'd cam if you dont care for off the shelf grinds.

If your planning on an automatic be prepared to sacrafice some power.

hope this helps.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:52 PM

Unfortunately its auto, but the upside is im not building it to be a drag car. lol..just a fast car. i know as far as LSs, AFR & Patriot are suppose to be good heads. any other brands out there worth looking into?

Quick Reply: REPOST: Need a little help...