Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reasonably priced large injector to use in truck rail/manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reasonably priced large injector to use in truck rail/manifold?

Cliffnotes: looking for reasonably priced large injector (oem or aftermarket) that can be swapped (or modified) to use in a truck manifold/fuel rail.

I am building an lq9 powered coupe. Already put together a massive fuel system (eliminator pump, -12 to the pump, -10 to y-block, -8 to the rails, -8 return).

Now, the strange part about my build is I am trying to build up all the support components first. For example, the chassis is fully build, full suspension, tubular everything, 10 point cage, aerospace brakes, spool, etc.)

I obviously have big plans for the car, hopefully turbo at some point, although will most likely run e85 and nitrous at first.

I am using stock truck rails that have been drilled and tapped on both sides for -6 fittings and am running bored out -6 fittings in them.

I want to know if there is any injector that can be had for a good price that will swap into these rails (or can be modified to swap into these rails).

I am not sure, but I figured some factory car/truck might have come with a larger injector that can be had for cheap.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:56 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The 8.1L injectors are larger and a bolt in.