Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 S10 doesn't want to crank up!!!

Old 01-22-2011, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS2 S10 doesn't want to crank up!!!

I've had the engine in prior to this and it would crank right up but I had to pull it to replace the rear main...Now I've got it all back together and cannot get it to crank. There is fuel getting to it and if I spray carb cleaner into the intake it will crank up for about 2-3seconds then die...But without carb cleaner in the intake it will not turn over?!?!?! What could the issue be???
Old 01-22-2011, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Clogged injectors? Low fuel pressure?
Old 01-22-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

I pulled the AN fitting off the fuel inlet on the fuel rail and turned the key over and fuel was flowing...(Pretty sure I've got enough pressure but no gauge to verify)...I was thinking injectors myself...I remember reading something about air getting into the injectors and messing them up... I did have the fuel pump wired wrong the first few times I tired to crank it originally this time...It's obviously not a electrical/spark issue...It's a fuel delivery issue from what I conclude...The only thing I haven't checked is the injector(s)..I guess I could pull one and hold a piece of paper in front of it and see if it's working...
Old 01-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Launching!

error codes?
Old 01-22-2011, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

I don't have a scan tool... ....I killed my battery trying to get it to turn over... another
....I've been racking my brain on what it could be...Like I said last time it cranked right up...This time it's a no go?!?!?!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard that when replacing the starter, you can't event tap the crank sensor without breaking it. Perhaps it has gone out?
Old 01-22-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jones'n
Clogged injectors? Low fuel pressure?
My thoughts, fuel system for sure.

Originally Posted by Petraszewsky
I pulled the AN fitting off the fuel inlet on the fuel rail and turned the key over and fuel was flowing...(Pretty sure I've got enough pressure but no gauge to verify)...
Put on a gauge and be sure, "fuel flowing" doesn't necessarily mean there's enough pressure to properly fuel the engine...
Old 01-22-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

alright I found a thread over on s10forum that I had recalled someone having a similar issue...well it's the exact same issue...No start...Spray carb cleaner it would start then die..He pulled the fuel rail off with injectors attached but no spray...power was good to the injectors...So he soaked the injectors in wd-40...It stops there but I believe I remember it fixing his problem...I'll give that a try tomorrow...It's weird though cause about a month ago it cranked right up after 6 months of sitting...But a month sitting in this extremely cold weather it could have built up some condesation on the injector and then froze or some type of junk could've gotten dislodged and clogged it...We'll tomorrow after chruch...
(I do plan on getting a fuel pressure gauge though...)
Old 01-23-2011, 08:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

While U R getting a fp gauge, get a noid lite, and check to see if the injs are pulsing...
Old 01-23-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Alright you will have no idea what the hell it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a MAP adapter made for LS2 to LS3 MAP...Well I didn't have it on when I cranked it before I pulled it back out...Well I pulled the fuel and injectors today and they were squirting...Cleaned them and put them back in...Pulled the fuel sender again to double check I had it wired properly...Worked and worked...Well I was pondering what is different now than before...Saw the MAP adapter and pulled it...It cranked right up and ran!!!! WTF?!?!?!?

Search this Thread