Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Gauges? Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Gauges? Help!!

Hello everyone. I am new here and this is my first LS1 project. I am having a blast and hope to do more. I purchased my 99 LS1 out of a WS6 Trans Am at a salvage yard. I am having it completely disassembled, re-machined, new rings, pistons, rod bolts, rockers, pushrods, cam, all new valve train, 706 heads of a 5.3 for more compression (Ported and Polished) etc... Anyway, I am putting this motor in my airboat believe it or not. So, my question is what type of gauges do I need to put on the motor? I want to put Oil Press, Coolant Temp, Voltage, Fuel Level, Fuel Pressure, and Tachometer. No need for a Speedo on an Airboat. Obviously, the Oil Pressure can be mechanical. I know how to do that one. Water Temp can also be mechanical so I can do that one too. Fuel Level is self explanatory, Fuel Pressure and Tach I am not sure about. I want to find gauges that all match. Does anyone have any advise for me? My boat has a green theme, so if I could find gauges that are neutral during the day and Green LED or Green hoods over the lights would be great.
Thanks for everyones help!
Thomas
Old 01-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Teching In

look at gauges on summit they have a ton of options
Old 01-23-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Speedhut gauges let you customize the gauges to a high degree. You can get prettty much any color or style of numbering imaginable.

Autometer also has a ton of options.

For low buck, your local auto parts store or even Harbor Frieght has gauges and senders.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used auto meter phantoms w/ great results. Only complaint is they were a little difficult to see at night because they're only lit around the bezel.

I have VDO cockpit gauges in my current project and my only complaint is that I couldn't find a tach and speedo the same size.

Usually you can find a good deal on a VDO kit on ebay, but they usually wont come w/ a Tach... just fuel level, water temp, speedo, oil pressure, and volt.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

Another vote for Speedhut.

http://www.speedhut.com/

Quick Reply: New Gauges? Help!!