Sponsored by:

5.3 into a gm h-body 78 sunbird

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 04:18 PM
wbb
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 5.3 into a gm h-body 78 sunbird

We need any and all info on swappin 5.3 lsx into a H-Body (78 Sunbird) w/TH 350. Any links to sites, or header info, oil pan info, and fuel system. would like to run stock fuel tank... with external pump. and try to keep EFI. Any info or pics would be greatly appreciated...
Old 01-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by wbb
We need any and all info on swappin 5.3 lsx into a H-Body (78 Sunbird) w/TH 350. Any links to sites, or header info, oil pan info, and fuel system. would like to run stock fuel tank... with external pump. and try to keep EFI. Any info or pics would be greatly appreciated...
Somebody else just started a Vega swap thread. Same chassis. You should look him up and share info.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Pick up this months issue of Hot Rod Magazine. There's a three page spread on an LS equipped Vega and everything the owner used to do the swap.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:48 PM
wbb
Teching In

sweet thanks...realy just posted for a friend he wants do the swap.i got the motor he has the car and he just got some tax loot together and is thinking hard on doin it. mostly worried about the fuel system cost but i have limited internet time at the moment so was looking for some quick info or links thanks...now off to get a new hot rod mag....
Old 01-24-2011, 11:47 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How deep is the stock fuel tank for one of those cars? You might be best off looking for new tank (so it can be welded on, as you shouldn`t weld a used tank) and then welding in a new locking ring so that you could use a fuel pump/bucket/sending unit from a newer car.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:25 AM
wbb
Teching In

thats what i told him cause he has 2 cars and ond one has alot of new parts [including a tank] but this is a budget build so all ideals are open i got a few f-body parts lying around so the fuel pump in the tank my first thought but he want's to go with an inline type setup so if we went carb insted of efi easy fix ..

Quick Reply: 5.3 into a gm h-body 78 sunbird