Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

62 nova with carb'd 5.3 ???

Old 01-31-2011, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 62 nova with carb'd 5.3 ???

I am helping a friend out with the install of a carb'd 5.3 in his Nova wagon.I have a few questions.
Only one valve cover has a hole for a PCV valve but no vent,what are you guys doing to run a PCV with a carb???

Does anybody have some dimensions of a fan/fan clutch?? Interested in diameter and how far it sticks out from the water pump.

Would there be any issues mouning the coil packs at the rear of the engine above the cam sensor??Would the coils cause any RF interference to the sensor??
Here are few pictures of things mocked up.He is using Church Boys Racing rack conversion and thier headers and motor mount brackets with a 700r4 trans.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Since nobody ansswered, I'll take a stab at it....The passenger side valve cover has a small tube on it. You can connect a breather vent there, and use the driver's side for the PCV valve. I used a spectre breather from Oreilley.

I can measure my truck for you to give you the fan dimension if you want for the fan spacing.

There should be no issue with RF interference for the location you mentioned.

T,
Old 02-01-2011, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Tom,I was poking around on the net yesterday and found a breather that goes in place of the filler cap.It looks like a simple solution.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 62 nova with carb'd 5.3 ???