Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring harness

Ok..I'm putting an LS1 out of a 2000 Z-28 into a 95 Z-28. I got a harness out of a truck but it seems there are a few differences. Like after the #2 injector on the stock harness there is another sensor clip. On the truck harness there is none. Should I just get an LS1 harness to fit this application (fbody)? Anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2011, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thr truck engines use different injectors which is why the connectors are different. Also the coil connectors are different for the truck engines. There are some companies that make harness adapters for the injectors and the coils, no need to purchase another harness.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Another difference with truck harnesses is routing and most importantly lack of fans. I removed the pins from the connectors I didn't need (evap, EGR, etc.) and added pins where the fan control relays went. I also used connectors from another vehicle and spliced them in my harness instead of using the adapter plugs since I already had the soldering iron hot.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by waxenate
Should I just get an LS1 harness to fit this application (fbody)? Anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks!
Yes you should get an LS1 harness. You will waste more time and money trying to make the truck harness work than it is worth.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the harness I used and it was perfect... it's all brand new and comes with all the connectors and everything.. the only thing you have to supply is the fan relay(s)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-04...Q5fAccessories
Old 02-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

Default Wiring

I used the truck harness but I'm also running an external SPAL fan pulse width modulator. I will say i've been eyeballing those harnesses on Ebay.

Hey 2165: how did the routing on that harness go? Also how big is the hole needed to fit everything into the cab?
Old 02-06-2011, 02:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wade70ss
I used the truck harness but I'm also running an external SPAL fan pulse width modulator. I will say i've been eyeballing those harnesses on Ebay.

Hey 2165: how did the routing on that harness go? Also how big is the hole needed to fit everything into the cab?
fit was perfect. This is a VERY well put together harness. I wish I had close up pics of the loom. at the end of every piece there is black tape that wraps around the wire and then the look (all in the same strand of tape) so that the loom doesn't slide up and down the wire.. REALLY nice construction

2" hole... here's the link to the instructions you get when you buy it

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...scTzzg&cad=rja

Last edited by 2165 Turbo Rail; 02-06-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Teching In

So I have the harness that came with the T56/ls1 and have started removing all the stuff I don't need but am wondering where to get the fuse/relay block that is used? anybody know where to get the one the harness on the ebay is using? that is a good deal on there cause most of them I have seen are 750$ or so. but I would like to make the one I have work. I have been able to connect power and all the wires for the data link and was able to download the tune with my EFI Live so i think if I knew where to get the right fuse block I can do the rest my self.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by H-FIELD
So I have the harness that came with the T56/ls1 and have started removing all the stuff I don't need but am wondering where to get the fuse/relay block that is used? anybody know where to get the one the harness on the ebay is using? that is a good deal on there cause most of them I have seen are 750$ or so. but I would like to make the one I have work. I have been able to connect power and all the wires for the data link and was able to download the tune with my EFI Live so i think if I knew where to get the right fuse block I can do the rest my self.
Just get a 8 circuit fuse block off jegs or summit for like $60.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

I saw a post by flame or merv that said you could get one from autozone for like 8 bucks.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

http://www.lt1swap.com/fuseblock_obd2port.html