Sponsored by:

Connector 220 Pin C

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Connector 220 Pin C

Hello,

2002 LS1 from a firebird. Trying to figure out what exactly this pin is and how to wire it. From the word document I have....

"C. Power supply to TCC stop lamp switch, not used in 6SPD or if your car already has a TCC stop switch. If your car does not have a stop lamp switch then use this to feed power to feed the switch."

I have a 4l60e transmission. Putting the engine into a 65 Impala.

I know I posted this before, but I got six different answers in the post and am still confused.

I am still also confused to what is a TCC stop lamp switch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:07 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In the 99-02 f-bodies C220 pin C fed 12 volts to the torque converter clutch switch. If your car already had a lockup torque converter from the factory you won`t need this wire. If your car did not have a lockup torque converter before you can use that wire to feed power to the TCC lockup wire through a switch on the brake pedal that you would need to add in.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:03 AM
Launching!

is there a way for me to know if my engine had a lockup torque converter from the factory?

I have made a relay to unlock the torque converter when the brake pedal is depressed. This circuit is always feeding power to the converter until the brakes are pressed then the circuit is broken. This other circuit is on the same 220 connector, lettered D.

From what I have told you, it seems to me that I do not need to use pin "C" correct?
Old 02-14-2011, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to leave the converter lock up control to the pcm. The wire you speak of "C" is to feed power into the brake pedal switch and then out to the pcm pin "D". I beleive it is a normally closed switch you need and opens when the pedal is pressed. No relay required.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Launching!

thanks for clarifying it.

Quick Reply: Connector 220 Pin C