Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSI Stand alone engine harness ..87 fox pic

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up PSI Stand alone engine harness ..87 fox pic

Just wanted to do a little review on the PSI engine harneess for my LS1 fox.. It is great!! Very easy to install, everything lined up where it needed to be. Had to call John from PSI two times for a questions he was glad to help. Only issues I ran into was, I was running a square style o2 plug while the kit comes with the oval shaped one. But fortunately in my case I was taking out a old harness that the previous owner put in that was out of I think a transam so I had the connectors and just had to cut the new ones off and put the old ones on. Also with the trans I had to do the same thing for it as well, I am running a TH400 and my kit was for 4l60E, so the speed sensor plug I had to cut the new one and put my old one on. The kit has a relay for fuel pump which is simple, then dash wiring.. Only ones i needed to hookup off the new harness was speedo and tach ... I also put new starter on the car while i was at it... Got it all done and pushed start... Fired right up .. Couldnt be any happier. SOOOOOO much cleaner then original harness mess.

Original Mess

New stuff

Engine hooked up the extra wires are the nitrous wires which i cut and am redoing later..

Ill get some more pics after I get the floor sanded and painted, then finish details on wiring making sure everything is tucked up..
Old 02-19-2011, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good to know.

Your car has the perfect stance. Can you provide details on: front/rear suspension, tire size etc...thanks.

Any times with the LS motor?
Old 02-19-2011, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks id like to lower it a tad more in front but unfortunately I have to go over some speed humps. But i bought this car done so my info might be a lil off..

But front suspension is AJE K member with coilovers 150# coil over springs, rear is adjustable upper and lower control arms with what looks like maybe a 4cyl spring. I tried to see if it was aftermarket but it doesnt look like it. Wheels are holeshots. 15X3 in front and 15X8 in rear with 275/60/15 mickeys..

No times yet on motor.. I am going to get a good tune put on it and also run a 200shot with race gas in the nitrous fuel tank. The nitrous will just be to show off how fast it can go. I want to run it all motor and bracket race it. I also have a 04 z06 with a cam its just not a good drag car, but that car goes 11.5 @ 125 on street tires. So ill be happy if this car goes 11.5 all motor.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

WOW love the stance,wheels tires, and paint on that car looks awesome. Was this car on craigslist in jersey about a month ago it looks very familiar
Old 02-19-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

couldnt tell you if it was on craigslist, probably. I found it on gonedragracing.com and yes it was in Jersey, Im just trying to make the car my own and not just a bought car ... Next is finish wiring 100% and nitrous, and dyno. And find a few trim pieces. Also maybe make a sheetmetal rear cover for back area and get rid of the plywood and carpet
Old 02-21-2011, 06:53 AM
Staging Lane

Cool man looks great...what kind of gauge setup are you running on the dash
Old 02-24-2011, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up on the PSI harnesses! Top notch quality, i spoke to John at PSI a few times, very helpful and a great guy!
Tony
Old 02-24-2011, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

told you it was very easy to install.

I dont know why they put those oval connectors on for the O2 sensors though. I had to change back to the original square connectors too.

This seems like a legit company. I run their harness as well after getting fed up with modifying the factory setup
Old 02-25-2011, 07:53 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the feedback on both harnesses. PSI has finally become a vendor on LS1tech. We will be posting new products, answering questions etc. Either Jon or myself

Joe. PSIconversion.com

Btw. Check out the march hot rod. There is a psi harness in the Schwartz performance vega
Old 02-25-2011, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AllMotorLT1
Cool man looks great...what kind of gauge setup are you running on the dash

Cobalt gauges
Old 03-14-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

where did or what did you use for a speed sensor for the th400? im getting this harness as well.

Quick Reply: PSI Stand alone engine harness ..87 fox pic