Sponsored by:

L92/6L80E in 1968 Bel Air Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L92/6L80E in 1968 Bel Air Wagon

Okay,
I have used the search function and read plenty but I wanted to put my plan out there in hopes you guys can help me.

I bought a L92/6L80E setup from a '07 Escalade for $2500.
Its got a lot and missing a few items. Missing the ECU, harness needs some basic repair and modification, no alternator, water pump outlet was cut by jackass with a sawzall.

So my questions are....

1) For the ECU, I know I need an E38, what all cars cam with the E38 and will all E38's work with the VVT? Anyone have one for sale?

2) If I don't get the '07 Escalade ECU, I need a tuner and a '07 Escalade base program. Ultimately I want to make 1000hp with a twin turbo setup. So whatever tuner I buy I'd like to work all the way up to that level.
And I guess I would need a tuner anyway to turn off the immobi, rear 02's etc.

3) Water pump. Do I have options that will clear the VVT and maybe be more compact? Any advantages as far as size and clearance for other pumps? My other option is just to weld up the fitting and use the one that's on it.

4) Wiring harness. The guy I bought it from gave me a few pages of wiring diagrams, however, they are not that great. I have not found a writeup on modifying stock harnesses to be stand alone. Anyone know of better L92 wiring schematics?

5) LS3/L76 Intake - I want to ditch the ugly and too tall truck intake.

6) What accel pedal can I use?

7) Fuel - Not sure yet how I will do this...
Probably a Walbro 255, corvette filter/regulator, and bulkhead fitting in the tank.

I'm sure I will think of more.

Thanks.
Brad
Old 02-22-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

the intake swap will interfere with the WP normally; so either keep that in mind while modifying the outlet, or look into another 'vvt-clearanced' wp. moroso makes wp spacers for a bbc wp, i wonder if they clear the larger cam cover.

for the tuner; just find someone reputable in your area whos familiar with boost and those numbers. definitely not something to skimp on.

if the TB is DBW you should be able to use any DBW pedal, unless im mistaken

will a vette regulator/rails handle that kind of power? normally see aftermarket rails/return system at that point
Old 02-22-2011, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Irish350
the intake swap will interfere with the WP normally; so either keep that in mind while modifying the outlet, or look into another 'vvt-clearanced' wp. moroso makes wp spacers for a bbc wp, i wonder if they clear the larger cam cover.

for the tuner; just find someone reputable in your area whos familiar with boost and those numbers. definitely not something to skimp on.

if the TB is DBW you should be able to use any DBW pedal, unless im mistaken

will a vette regulator/rails handle that kind of power? normally see aftermarket rails/return system at that point

I plan to do the tuning myself...obviously at first will be just about stock L92 hp, then will build turbo setup for about 600hp, then up to 1000 when I build the engine.

The walbro and vette regulator will just be the initial setup to get it running. Probably only good to 500hp or so. the fuel system will be built to handle the 1000hp or so.

Quick Reply: L92/6L80E in 1968 Bel Air Wagon