Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFCO A-body swap radiator

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AFCO A-body swap radiator

I was looking at this A-body swap radiator on Speedway motors. http://www.speedwaymotors.com/AFCO-1...tor,24907.html It is a dual pass and has a provision for the steam line. I like the fact that the filler neck is angled like the original radiator. I looked at the HOWE radiators and they look real nice but the filler necks are not what I want. I am doing a LS2 and 6 speed and I am planning on a set of factory cooling fans off of a Vette. I figure they cool the engine in stock form and mine is essentially stock with headers and a custom tune. I am going to call them as my only concern is how well it fits under the stock radiator hold down and in the bottom of the core support. It appears they come in a 3 core thickness.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Default AFCO radiator.

I purchased the AFCO radiator for the Chevelle but there is no provision for the steam line. Unless I missed the box to check for that one. Everything else about it is perfect though
Old 02-24-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

Any thing special that is needed to make the steam line port work? I can easily have a 1/4npt fitting welded in the radiator. Did the radiator fit the core support and top plate ok? Before I saw this radiator I was thinking about the aluminum and plastic stock replacement for a Chevelle. It does have cooler ports as well as a fitting you could use for the steam port.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an AFCO radiatior in my Chevelle. It is a first rate radiator and they will make it exactly like you want, steam line or not, auto or manual trans and will make the necks like you want.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 02-25-2011, 05:54 AM
TECH Resident

Did you order it directly from then John? It would be easier to have them make it how I want it.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

I decided to go with a Alumitech. I have one of those in my my Elcamino and am very happy. I spoke with them and I am going to get exactly what I want built for $495.

Quick Reply: AFCO A-body swap radiator