Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any recomendations on a two speed pusher fan????

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 05:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any recomendations on a two speed pusher fan????

I'm going to go scrounging at the local yard this week, but they're not a "junk yard" they're auto recyclers, so everything is inventoried. Not so easy to just look around and see what might fit.

So, any common cars that I can ask for to start off my conversation with the guys?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Most factory cars I'm aware of don't use pusher fans. I think I remember Catera's using them and only a handful of others. If memory serves me properly, the pusher wasn't the only fan on the dead Catera I saw but I never owned one and don't remember.

You don't have room for a puller fan? What is this going in? What type of dimensions do you have behind the radiator?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
You don't have room for a puller fan? What is this going in? What type of dimensions do you have behind the radiator?
It's an 04 GTO LS1 going into a Volvo V90. I positioned the motor and trans so the shifter would be in the right place on the console, and the motor is pretty tight to the radiator. With the big bull nose on the water pump pulley, I'm probably about 2 inches away. I ran the upper rad hose just under the air inlet hose, which takes up a bunch of room on the top of the radiator.

I might be able to get two small fans in the bottom of the radiator, but still think I need a pusher as a high speed fan.

mike
Old 03-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

I seen, I believe it was a 06 jeep liberty diesel with a pusher fan. Not positive on the year though.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

80's BMW's had A/C pusher fans 325's and 528's

Quick Reply: any recomendations on a two speed pusher fan????