Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

difference between LS1 f-body and LS2 truck harness????

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default difference between LS1 f-body and LS2 truck harness????

im asking this because i have a LS1 5.7 motor out of a 2000 trans am and a wiring harness and PCM from a LS2 6.0 out of a 2008 Trail blazer SS. im putting the LS1 in my 1997 trans am.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by klutch-
im asking this because i have a LS1 5.7 motor out of a 2000 trans am and a wiring harness and PCM from a LS2 6.0 out of a 2008 Trail blazer SS. im putting the LS1 in my 1997 trans am.
The LS2 is Gen IV and very different form the Gen III LS1. Just source a Gen III harness and PCM be easier and cheaper.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bo185
The LS2 is Gen IV and very different form the Gen III LS1. Just source a Gen III harness and PCM be easier and cheaper.
do u know what is different though? is it just a few plugs or is it something major? i just dont wanna waste $600 on a harness when i can just put some time into this one and make it work. say i did get a harness could i use the 08 LS2 computer or would i have to get a LS1 PCM as well?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by klutch-
do u know what is different though? is it just a few plugs or is it something major? i just dont wanna waste $600 on a harness when i can just put some time into this one and make it work. say i did get a harness could i use the 08 LS2 computer or would i have to get a LS1 PCM as well?
It could be made to work. You have add the front mount cam sensor and cover as well add the Gen IV side knock sensors. Use an early Gen IV E40 ecm with a 24x tune. I doubt the later ECM will work. Plus it will work with DBC either so you would need a DBW TB and pedal as well. So that's more money. It will add up. Just those parts alone will be expensive vs buy a Gen III harness and PCM that plugs right in.

If you bought the Gen IV harness just sell it and the ECM. And buy a Gen III or a ready to go aftermarket one and pick up a used Gen III PCM save your money.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bo185
It could be made to work. You have add the front mount cam sensor and cover as well add the Gen IV side knock sensors. Use an early Gen IV E40 ecm with a 24x tune. I doubt the later ECM will work. Plus it will work with DBC either so you would need a DBW TB and pedal as well. So that's more money. It will add up. Just those parts alone will be expensive vs buy a Gen III harness and PCM that plugs right in.

If you bought the Gen IV harness just sell it and the ECM. And buy a Gen III or a ready to go aftermarket one and pick up a used Gen III PCM save your money.
sounds great man, thats the info i need.. thx!