Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSx/LQx in a 97 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSx/LQx in a 97 GT?

basically heres the deal..i wrecked my 99 SS a couple years ago..the LSx series motors are by far my favorite motor...ever..after ownin that SS.

i ran across this deal on a 97 GT from a buddy of mine..and i was in the whole oo lets do a termi swap bs..well if youve ever modded a Ford..you feel my pain..even moddin this 2v..3500 bucks to make 350hp?..eh ill pass.

so heres my question..ive been lookin..ive been researchin and ive been askin..

is there a way to hook up the LS motors to the factory cluster without throwin codes?...in NC you CANNOT have a CEL on to pass the emissions inspection or safety for that matter..but from what ive been told..a k member..get a painless perfomance wirin harness and motor and your basically set minus gettin the tranny and drive shaft set up.

can anybody shine some light on my situation?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Teching In

btw ive searched on here..and everything ive found is pre 95..which in nc is jus a safety inspection...and i do know you can tune alot of **** out..but idk..not good with electronics..
Old 03-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

I have seen someone hook up an entire 96 cluster to their harness. The tach is easy to do, just adjust that in the tune, not sure about the speedo though. A CEL would come from the LS1 computer though, so if you're gauges don't work but the CEL light is wired then I am assuming you're golden. Just don't have any codes on the LS1 computer.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Teching In

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-lsx-swap.html

I'm doing a similar swap in my 02 GT. This thread has been pretty damn helpful.

Quick Reply: LSx/LQx in a 97 GT?