Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls2 wiring harness

Old 03-14-2011, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls2 wiring harness

I'd first like to say i'm a total dipshit when it comes to engines and i am in need of a reputable company to send my ls2 wiring harness to mod for my 72 chevelle. Does anyone know who will make my harness a very easy install? I mean label etc? Or am i just over my head and should i sell the efi **** and go carb? I have the money for someone to do it right just don't want to get stroked since i know nothing about wiring? thanks for your help! kevin
Old 03-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Which ls2 is it 24x or 58? That makes a big difference as I made the mistake of buying the 58x. There are two places that I know of that will do the 58x harness. Pm me and I'll tell you who is doing my 58x. Hope you got the trans with it or are doing a stick if its the 58x. Otherwise search "harness" or my name and you'll find a thread with a list of everyone who does harnesses.
If you've come this far to purchase an ls2, you are already ***** deep so keep going. You could have it installed for a little or a lot. From my list and talking with others you are going to have about $3000 to $4000 to install it but you could do it for a lot less if you don't want it to be pretty.
Think of it this way though. Your ls2 makes about 400 hp with headers and cold air intake think 430 to 450. You could rebuild a sbc with quality parts and make 450 hp like falling off a log. You could add crappy efi for about $1500 more or good efi for $3000. Or you could buy an ls2 and have millions of dollars of engineering go into it, have a nice solid bottom end, and get 20+mpg while your at it all the while knowing way more hp is so close and easy to make. To me, when I did the math it just made more sense to go ls. just my .02.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

Ya I realize I'm in deep now. Especially with no wiring experience at all. How do I tell which reluctor my ls2 is? Its out of s trail blazer ss if that helps. I'm also going to use a t56 w good size cam so what do I need to do as far as a tune w computer?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Look at the crank sensor behind the starter

Black = 24x
Gray = 58x
Old 03-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

A T56 solves your problems. Like I said, aknovaman is going to be doing my harness. If its a 58x reluctor I only know of two places that will do your harness. I could be wrong but I think its the 24x so you prolly won't have anyway. You'll need to who ever does it your cam specs. You'll have a truck intake. If it fits keep it, if not you have to switch over some accessories- do a search "ls2 intake swap". Did you get the engine from Travis? If so, there are so many guys that have swapped in a tbss ls2 there should be a book about it by now. You have a lot more to worry about than the harness at this point. The harness is the easy part. You want to get on the accessories and make sure everything you have or want to use is going to fit. I would start by looking through build threads that used a tbss ls2.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Ya I bought it from Travis about a year ago. I wont be using AC so That shouldn't be a problem. Im hoping the trailblazer intake fits under my stock ss hood. I'm using the edelbrock mounts. Haven't cleaned up the engine bay yet to test fit the engine.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

If I'm mistaken the 06 tbss are 24x and 07up are 58x
Old 03-28-2011, 01:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you are looking for a new harness. We have them available.

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 03-28-2011, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Speartec does a great job. Been on this forum as a sponsor for a long time also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ls2 wiring harness