Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Throttle body to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Throttle body to buy?

I am gearing up to start my LS conversion in my 64 wagon. I have an L-33 5.3 that I will be installing a 98 z-28 intake on. I am in need of a throttle body, so my question is do I go with a stock replacement....pick a part style, New GM replacement or opt for an aftermarket new unit?

Plans for the car... This is my daily driver in which the family will spend some time in so I'm just looking for a good reliable stock replacement. The only add on performance items will be Long tube headers other than that the engine will remain stock as it was in 2005.

Thank you!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

I'd stick with a stock unit. They are reliable, easily found on the cheap and work just fine.

Badass ride by the way, I have been thinking of doing one of those as a daily driver lately as well.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Staging Lane

That is what I was thinking, I just wanted to hear from others to see if there weren't any secrets to be had.

Thank you for the compliment, once done with this car I should have all the variables covered when it comes to early Nova LS swaps. We have a couple requests for having this done on other cars. As I get rolling I will start a build thread.....much like others have done.

Quick Reply: Which Throttle body to buy?