Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pin-out purgatory, please HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pin-out purgatory, please HELP!

Engine is '01 LM7, PCM is '02 Yukon 1500 2WD L59, TB is '01 LQ4 DBW. Other TB is '01 LM7, non-DBW.
According to the pin-outs on www.lt1swap.com, I have 2 wires for DBW, and 4 wires for IAC, and 2 wires for TPS.
But my DBW motor on the TB has 2 different color wires, and where's the wiring to the go-pedal? My DBW TPS has a 6-wire connector.
My LM7 TB has a 4-wire IAC and a 3-wire TPS, but no DBW.
Buying any other parts is way outside the available funds.
Anyone know for sure which TB to use, how to wire this up, and what to do with any extra wires?
Old 03-18-2011, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For 2 days I've been stressing that my PCM seems to want a TB I don't have. It wants DBW, because my PCM has blue 14 and blue 15, which www.lt1swap.com says are both: UART Serial Data ( DBW only ). I see 2 DBW wires, and my DBW tb has 2 wires into the DBW motor. So it must be a DBW pcm, right?
But my PCM also has red 76 thru red 79, which www.lt1swap.com says is for IAC. So my PCM must want a separate IAC, which my DBW TB doesn't have. But it has 4 extra wires on it's TPS. Maybe red 76 through red 79 go there?
Or if I use my non-DBW TB, then I don't know what to do about the 2 DBW wires.
This is highly stressful!
Old 03-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wiring for the first time can be confusing. The best way to clarify things is to find the numbers on your PCM to see what yours is capable of.

What are you trying to do? Are you wanting to run the DBW or the cable throttle body? Certain PCMs can't run the DBW, and certain PCMs can't support the cable setup.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My tuner guy, Ryan Gick, has instructed me to just use the cable TB, he'll sort any issues when he deletes the VATS and re-calibrates the speedometer.
Ryan's been the best help on my projects!
This thread can die now.