Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAC started acting up.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default IAC started acting up.....

Well my IAC worked fine until it started working intermittently, now I have to pedal it to start, and then sometimes it will work fine after a few minutes, sometimes it wont work at all,,got another one from a salvage yard, but it seems to be bad as well, but it did come from a dead/crashed car that has been sitting for a long time..

I guess I will need to verify operation by removing the plug and checking for PWM output, but it is strange that it works sometimes and not others...I did check it a few days ago and found that I get a good hot signal out of one of the pins and others seem to go on and off at about 1 second intervals as if it is trying to actuate the plunger.

Anybody have a good one laying around they want to sell me if it turns out I need one, I will also need to figure out what signals to look for to determine proper operation, I wonder if it could be a signal issue. I guess I should first off wire in the OBDII plug and hook up my scanner to see if it is throwing an IAC code, that would be smart I suppose.

However my truck is an absolute blast to drive now...well until I come to a stop and it almost dies, lol.