Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I set my fuel system up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How do I set my fuel system up?

I have a tanks inc 255 in tank kit, 2000 corvette filter/ regulator, and now I am stuck. What do I do now? What fittings do I need for the filter? No one seems to know what I need. This whole project sucks and I don't know what to do anymore.

Anyone have a complete guide?
Old 03-27-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope no guide, I went full after market. If the project sucks then sell it to someone that will appreciate doing all the hard tedious work and go on your merry way.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya why start without researching everything first??don't get it??if u don't enjoy don't do it!
Old 03-27-2011, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

SEARCH function at the top of the page. (in the RED strip)
Old 03-27-2011, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I used the stock lines on the car they were stainless. Its a 1981TTA, use a inline pump, and put a filter before the pump, and one after the pump. Good luck, I couldn't afford a kit.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have done a ton of research, no one really mentions all the little **** you have to do.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

What are u Putting it in??
Old 03-27-2011, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well if you are running the truck intake, I just used the return line off the stock intake which is a 5/16 hose, and the pressure line is 3/8. Got some high psi fuel line for parts store, some fuel quick connect adapters from the parts store, and put clamps on it all. Got the ECM controlling the pump thru a relay. Don't over think it, it's not as complex as some think. Just go to the part's store, and find the car guy in there. They sell adapter the you can hook the hose to that snap to the fuel rail just like the factory ls stuff, take your time, and look around, I also got a book on how to install a LS in almost anything. Did'nt use all they suggested, but it gave me and idea of what I needed.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most ppl don't mention every detail because they spend more time doing than writing.

To put it in perspective, a return systems comes out of the fuel cell, to pre pump filter, pump, post pump filter, to fuel rails, to fuel pressure regulator, then back to cell. I believe the vette setup work like the return loop in itself. Its the post pump, loop, and return. Here is a picture from a .2second search:

Orange and red are for fuel and return, not sure which is which without one in hand, and left is obviously the rails. if finding the right fittings is the problem take both to a speed shop and ask them what connects.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also if you got a aftermaket tank setup, it may have AN fitting's. Maybe 8AN, or 10AN, or 6AN. Then you may want to run new lines from the tank, all the way to the fuel rail. If the intake has one line in use the vette filter to return fuel to tank, if you have truck intake, it has a in line, and return line.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Summit sells the fuel hose thats rated for efi. Buy enough of it in 3/8" and 5/16 along with enough fuel line clamps. Run hose from fittings on tank sending unit to the filter/regulator, 3/8 male barbed fitting on output side of filter/regulator into more 3/ hose and route it to fuel rail, slide it on fuel rail with a clamp. Be sure to get the spring loaded fuel clamps, the screw tight clamps arent strong enough. Doesnt get any simpler.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Olly's thread, which has been very helpful to me & many others.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ro-basics.html
Scroll down till you get to the fueling diagram. It contains just one example of how to connect your fuel system.
Marcello's post above (in your thread) has a pic of the fuel reg. As you can see, it is mounted on the fuel rail at the engine. As your intended horsepower goes up from the stock figure, the more you should consider placing the regulator CLOSER to the engine for proper pressure.
There is much research involved..more so than I had imagined. But I can guarantee you that the answers are all here.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Here's one of the best threads you'll see on this...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...or-filter.html
Thanks to arthropraxis for the link.
I chose the Russell push-on fittings. They are very convenient, & look nice.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
I have done a ton of research, no one really mentions all the little **** you have to do.
Guess you havent searched enough cause i have 3 threads saved in my "favorites" discussing this alone. FYI I spent at least 50+ hours researching my project. Dont think you can just search "fuel system setup" and find what you'll need. In many threads I had to read through pages and pages to find the info needed. NO ONE on here has made a thread titled "how to setup you corvette regulated fuel system for engine swaps". The info you are asking for is very basic info anyways and can be figured out by taking some measurements and looking on a parts site.

I know i sound like a dick but these type of threads have been coming up a lot lately and its really just lazyness. Part of the fun of a project is figuring these things out.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
no one really mentions all the little **** you have to do.
ha, ha, you're right!
like being stabbed multiple times in your fingertips with braided fuel line!
or, when you're lying on the garage floor, and the little cutoff bits of braided go into the back of your head...and stay there. No matter..they can be pulled out with a pair of pliers.
Oh, the things we won't do to complete our projects!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:17 AM
TECH Regular

This may help. I can't take credit for making it but I did find it using the search feature.
Attached Thumbnails How do I set my fuel system up?-ls1fueldiagram.jpg  
Old 03-28-2011, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ebk06
Guess you havent searched enough cause i have 3 threads saved in my "favorites" discussing this alone. FYI I spent at least 50+ hours researching my project. Dont think you can just search "fuel system setup" and find what you'll need. In many threads I had to read through pages and pages to find the info needed. NO ONE on here has made a thread titled "how to setup you corvette regulated fuel system for engine swaps". The info you are asking for is very basic info anyways and can be figured out by taking some measurements and looking on a parts site.

I know i sound like a dick but these type of threads have been coming up a lot lately and its really just lazyness. Part of the fun of a project is figuring these things out.
Its cool, I've done many searches and read quite a few builds but I could never find exactly what I needed so I gave up. One day I am going to compile everything together in one thread to save everyone from the hassle. Figured it would have been done by now.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gMAG
ha, ha, you're right!
like being stabbed multiple times in your fingertips with braided fuel line!
or, when you're lying on the garage floor, and the little cutoff bits of braided go into the back of your head...and stay there. No matter..they can be pulled out with a pair of pliers.
Oh, the things we won't do to complete our projects!

HAHAHA yea except mine are steel splinters from a cutoff wheel that stab my a$$ cheaks. I could write a book of things that can injure you that you'd never expect.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

a good one is welding slag that burns through your sneakers and cools off on your big toe...lesson- wear steel toes! do i? no!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Marcello7x
HAHAHA yea except mine are steel splinters from a cutoff wheel that stab my a$$ cheaks. I could write a book of things that can injure you that you'd never expect.
Actually, I stand (or sit) corrected, Marcello! Those things stuck in my head WERE the brush thingies from a wheel. They're really difficult to get out. There might still be a couple stuck in there.

Quick Reply: How do I set my fuel system up?