Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting 99 L S1 in my camaro, what do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putting 99 L S1 in my camaro, what do I need?

Hey guys, new to the site, been reading some threads trying to find some help. Just bought an complete 99 LS1 camaro that I am planning to part out to build my 68 camaro. Need some advice as to what exactly I should use from it for my 68 camaro, besides the engine and transmission of course.
Can I use the fuel tank? Can I use the abs brake system? Can the computer harness be converted so that I can use it in my 68?

Also, what are the best motor mounts I should be buying for my conversion and where do I get them? Seems like there is more than one type. What other basic items are needed to bought and where do I get them? I've read some of the threads and I found no advise about where to get this stuff, part numbers, or a specific list of what exactly is needed. How much do you think I will spend just on basics before I can turn the key and get the car started?

I want to get going with this right away and really need the best advice on how to go about it.

Have 9k on this project and haven't really gotten started, can tell it will be costly.