Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best header fit and ground clearance?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default best header fit and ground clearance?

I am going to start the ls swap on my daughter's 72 nova and trying to collect all of the parts ahead of time. the header issue i can't figure out. What headers seem to fit the best? the car has factory a/c and the motor will be close to the suitcase, if that helps with fitment. i was looking at BRP and hooker but i am open to all brands. the car sits low and ground clearance could be an issue. what about build quality between brands?
thank you!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The BRP kit is top quality but you have to use their complete kit(headers,mounts,oilpan) to make sure there are no stumbles in the road.
Check out this guys https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-ls1-swap.html
Old 04-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Launching!

will read that one tonight. thank you. i've read a lot of them and they all seem to mix and match parts adding to the confusion. i've gotten good direction from a lot of these sites and they have helped tremendously. i would like to order the headers and wiring harness soon. i will start a build thread also. thinking something like project "senior high" or something like that since she's a junior in high school.
thanks for the help.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Staging Lane

I would recommend the stainless works headers, little pricey but always excellent ground clearance.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Staging Lane

Default SW headers!!!!!

http://www.churchboysracing.com/68-7...ders-lssbcbbc/
Old 04-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Launching!

like the sw headers and would love to try them, however they may be a bit out of my projected budget. not too sure i can afford stainless this time around too much to do for the initial swap. who makes a good header for around $400. i know that sounds low but that's where i need to be. thanks for the help
Old 04-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Staging Lane

Keep in mind that once the cheap ones rust out you are then buying another set.....We have been known to do group buys....something to think about.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Launching!

i the brp setup w/vette accy system and their mid length headers i would have done the long headers though. My setup was straight forward and install was easy. having matched parts makes life easier
Old 04-09-2011, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at my Thread i am using the Patriot Clipster Headers and the fit is GREAT. They are mid length headers so that will give you a lot of ground clearance and the best parts is they only cost like $280.00 Bucks.

http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...0509.0.0?pp=8&

If you need any more help just send me a PM and i will do the best i can to help you.

My Nova is all so a 1972.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Launching!

i was looking at the brp headers, they are nice but what's the ground clearance. starting to think that mid lengths would work better. i have a set of mounts that are neutral ( mounts share a hole ) and a cut truck pan that were given to me. i was gonna try to use them. i know my way around a welder and will modify what i need to. as most of you know, doing the conversion for the first time is very expensive, and i don't mind used parts. then as time progresses i can replace what i don't like. how much does it cost to coat the uncoated headers like the patriots?

Quick Reply: best header fit and ground clearance?