Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST EZ-EFI LS engine and trans control kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FAST EZ-EFI LS engine and trans control kit

Been reserching options for a LS motor and trans transplant for my 1964 Nova ss....seems if I get a salvage LS motor and trans , I have to figure out the wire harness and computer reprograming issues not to mention the trans harness and shifting issues, or go with a Edelbrock manifold and go carburated, with trans wire harness issues to sort out......With FAST EZ-EFI LS engine and trans control kit, you can remove the stock intake and wire harness,..install the new 80mm or 102mm intake replace the wire harness and its a self learning system,.. here is the link to the kit http://www.fuelairspark.com/WhatsNew...owertrains.pdf

The kit comes with everything you need,fuel pump, lines ,computer,harness controlers,.ect........

So in theory I could pick up a salvage LM7, LQ4,LQ9,LS1, engine and (auto)transmission combo, and run this set-up,..even change out the cam, and heads and this system will self adjust for the mods.....
The FAST EFI kits are new,...I called and the pricing is set at $2773.58.
I believe it is a great price for what it is.....

Please chim in if you have any thoughts on the matter.
Thanks
Ruben
Old 04-26-2011, 09:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you would be better off getting one of our harness and PCM kits for $605 + EFI Live for $800 total $1315!!!! This will shift your trans better than any aftermarket controller can dream of plus, you will have our support + EFI Live's forum for tuning and modding later!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

I think that price is way out of the ballpark. You could buy one of schwanke's setups there pay someone to tune it and still have enough left over for a good cam or set of heads.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

i think for what it comes with the fast is a good deal, being that it isnt just a set of software that someone can then tune (who has the experience, who you then pay)

look around at our sponsors though, i believe Mike @ ws6 store quoted me 2100 for the full kit, as far as i know only the 'in take pump' kits are new.

I know shwanke has awesome deals, and is a quality sponsor (products and input on the boards) but you'd still need a tb, injectors, rails, fuel pump/filter, lines, all your sensors (ez efi even comes w the wideband for turning purposes. I think it winds up being pretty comparably priced unless you already had all of the stock (manifold/tb/rails) stuff, at which point the EZ thing to do is leave the composite intake on.

I didnt know it did anything with the trans though

EDIT: just realized we may be talking about different EZ EFI systems from FAST, lol http://www.fuelairspark.com/ezefi/default.asp
Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The FAST kit makes these swaps so much easier if you have the coin to shell out for it.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Irish, we are talking difrent kits,...I posted the link, the kit Im talking about comes with a new composit LS style intake, fuel rails, injectors, fuel pump, wiring harness, control pads, wide band O2 sensor,and a transmission control for the 4l60e.... I'm always looking to save $,...I like the pakage that Shwanke offers, and its 1k cheaper than the way I want to go...I want to speak with Shwanke and ask a few more questions....(I left a message on your answer machine.

Thanks
Ruben
(619)733-2165
Old 04-26-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i checked it out; having a hell of a time finding anything on their site (just your pdf) so i guess its pretty new.

thats not a bad deal considering it comes with the composite fast intake/hardware (note:biggest fast intake/tb available)

i was looking at i think 2100 for the full carb-style setup plus another 200ish for the edelbrock intake; this actually has me thinking though.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Well after speaking with Mark from Schwanke I decided to go with Schwanke wire harness and computer,..The FAST EZ kit is nice, but overkill for what Im going to be doing with my ride.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Wow that some serious coin.

Onto your next problem is what frontend are you going to run? Cause if you run a stock frontend you are going to have header issues. CBR is in process of making them and other have fab'd their own but they say its a real PITA.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Hi Greasemonkey! Ya the front end on these old Novas are worthless and tight. I ordered a TCI front clip with all the goodies. Just need to figure out what headers to run,..TCI's are a bit over priced!
Old 04-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

I am a fan of the front clip. I like the built in tool shelf on the inner fenders. I though you might be unique and stay with the stcock stuff just upgraded. Good luck with your build and create a build thread. I think you can search mine with 1964 nova.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

Greasemonkey, you can have my old front end then, every piece was replaced with new bushings and energy suspension parts, the stearing box was rebuilt and it still drove like a shopping cart in a rocky parking lot. I'm ready for tight steering and stopping power. I did subscibe to your thread, nice clean car you got! I will start a build thread when I get it back from the paint shop. Here is a photo shop of what the paint design will look like.
Attached Thumbnails FAST EZ-EFI LS engine and trans control kit-64-nova.jpg  

Last edited by badchev; 04-27-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Nice!

I have already done a full CPP mini subframe kit on mine with UCA and 1.5" drop springs and a zero offset disc setup. I may be interested in some parts though. Did you ever do the idler conversion? I am working on getting the parts together to rebuild the center link and tie rods.

I will watch for your build thread
Old 04-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

Just curious if anyone that has done a chevy II with the TCI front clip and knows if the oil pan on the LQ4 6.0L or 5.3L truck motors will fit.....

Last edited by badchev; 04-28-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Teching In

I'll be watching this with great interest, as I'm about to do the same to a '63 Nova. Which TCI clip did you get? Did you ask them about oil pans? I would think they would know this (or hope so anyway). Did you get their LS mounts?
Old 04-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

I believe all the truck motor mans are too deep. Maybe the H2 pan works though. You are better of with the fbody pan with the TCI front end. Check the nova site too. A ton of info of there in the lsx section.

www.stevesnovasite.com
Old 04-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Staging Lane

Hi Scotty15,..I got the old style TCI front end, not the new pro-touring,..it was out of my budget for this build...I did upgrade to the 4piston calipers..I did not get the LS motor mounts because I'm going to use the Dingo adjustable ones so I can slide the motor front or back if I need too........Scotty15, Greasemonkey and myself should exchange #'s,..since we are doing the same style car!!.....

Greasemonkey,..I thought I read somewhere that the truck pans are too deep,...was hopeing I might be able to slide the motor front or back a bit and clear,...

speaking of motor's,...the word is out on these LS motors and salvage yards are up'ing the prices! I called every ebay salvage yard I thought had a good internet price, come to find out, the motor comes without all the accesories,...Looks like for a 5.3L and 4l60e combo complete the average price is $3500....and for a 6.0 and trans complete is $4500.

What happen to the $500. deals, or even $1500...??!!

Ill keep searching.......$$$

Here is my # if you want to give me a shout,....619-733-2165
Ruben

Quick Reply: FAST EZ-EFI LS engine and trans control kit