Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 accessory questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 accessory questions

I found an awesome deal on an 04 5.3 with 70k. Comes with intake, tb, fuel rails, injectors, coils. I know Ill want to probably switch to the LS intake/fuelrails/injectors for looks but im confused about the other accessories. Ill prob go with kwik performance brackets, so do I need to buy the brackets for the Fbody accessories? I know Ill still need to buy an alternator, and type 2 power steering pump. Does it matter which waterpump? Will the truck coil packs work or do I need fbody style coilpacks as well? BTW this will be going in a 3rd gen Nova.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Also would an intake/fuelrail and injectors work from a 2010 Camaro SS, or do I need to stick with the 98-02 style?
Old 05-18-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

If you are planning on running F-body front drive, then you'll need a balancer, water pump, alternator and PS pump. If you're going to be using the kwik brackets, you can get the truck brackets I believe and won't need to change PS pumps or balancer. I would call Kwik and tell him what you're wanting to do, he seems like a super nice guy and very helpful. The truck coil packs will work, but you'll need to bend the fuel inlet back or up to clear one coil, but that's not hard at all.

As for the 2010 Camaro stuff, going to be a no go, the ports in the heads are rectangular versus the cathederal port of your '04 5.3.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Ahh gotcha on the 010 stuff...I thought thats what changed.

Ill call Kwik tommorrow. Will the truck accessories on the truck brackets fit in the Nova. Is that what your using? I wasnt sure if I NEEDED to switch to fbody accessories
Old 05-19-2011, 11:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Mine is an LS1, so it came with everything already. You don't need to change any of it if you don't want to, I think most people do it just for better looks. This thread clearly shows that the truck accessories will fit inder the stock hood. https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...1972-nova.html

Also if you want to do some reading, check these out. I'm not in this thread because I don't have a build thread, because my car was done before this site was started! https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ap-thread.html
Old 05-20-2011, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

What about the GM Performance Acc. Drive kit. I know strtlegal on here has used it but his thread doesnt show too much of it or how he likes it. I would love to have the black powder coated March setup but I cant swallow the price tag lol

Quick Reply: 5.3 accessory questions