Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Conversions & Hybrids
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register iTraderTimeslips Photos Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Used CarsVendor Directory
Search

Conversions & Hybrids
LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by
Don Hardy Race Cars

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 05-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Send a message via AIM to 94formulabird
Default 5.3 intake to TBSS intake?

I was going to switch to the LS6 intake/rails/injectors on my 5.3. But I recently came across a thread that talked about if you have no fitment issues you can swap it for the TBSS intake and TB for cheaper than the LS6. Anybody have any more info on this. Is it really that benificial? Are the harness connectors the same. Im going to be having speartech do my custom harness anyways.
94formulabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
Vortec Scout II
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94formulabird View Post
I was going to switch to the LS6 intake/rails/injectors on my 5.3. But I recently came across a thread that talked about if you have no fitment issues you can swap it for the TBSS intake and TB for cheaper than the LS6. Anybody have any more info on this. Is it really that benificial? Are the harness connectors the same. Im going to be having speartech do my custom harness anyways.
The TBSS intake is better than the truck but not as good as the LS6 in the upper end.

It will bolt right in place of the reg truck intake. Now to run the 90mm DBW TB you have to buy a conversion harness to go from 8 pin to 6 pin for the new throttle bodies it's like $200 bucks. And the TBSS intake is returnless fuel rail as well.

http://www.torquerush.com/Purchase.html

'01 VW Beetle TDI-50mpg or better!

'56 Belair 4 door hardtop*next LSx project* 5.3/4l60/3.08's (looking for 25+mpg!)

TECH: Gen III/IV "LS motor" to Non Gen III/IV Auto Trans
Bo185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2

I have a very clean low mile TB ss intake complete w injectors TB etc ill even throw in the dbw pedal for 250 plus the ride from Seattle area.
dropped72ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:59 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
53, 90mm, blazer, body, dbw, gains, intake, ls6, pin, ss, swap, tbss, tbssls6intake, throttle, trail, truck, work