Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

75 k10/99 ls1-t56

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 75 k10/99 ls1-t56

so after searchin for a while for a good recipient for the motor and trans outta my 99z, i ended up buyin a 95z auto. but the other day i bought a nice 75 k10 swb on 33s and decided that it would be cooler and more practical for me to use this for the swap.

anyway, im getting ready to pull the car in the garage this weekend and start removing everything i need. im on a budget so il be using my stock harness.
one thing im kinda worried about is leaving something il need on the car (relay, sensor, fuse block, ect.) when i have it hauled off. is there anything along those lines that i NEED to make sure to grab before its gone 4ever?

does a GM dealer service department possess the tools to remove VATS and emissions? or do i have to send my ecu out? i live 8+ hrs from any kind of tuner or shop, but my town does have a dealer.

ive never done a swap involving this much wiring before but im gunna give it a shot. i dont really know EXACTLY where to start so if somebody wanted to post up some similar swaps on here that'd be cool. ive found some, but nothin real detailed. i havent seen anyone using a stock fbody motor and harness. if i could, id like to get it running without doing anything to anything, but after searchin, it looks like i have to at least have the VATS removed, is this true??

anyway i guess thats enuff questions for now,lol, noobs

BTW, il be using the t56 and a divorced 205 t-case to get power to the front. cant seem to find anyone runnin that setup so im gunna give it a shot

thanks, and lookin forward to hearing from you LS powered c/k guys
Old 05-22-2011, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vats will have to be removed, but any tuner will be able to do that for you.
Keep in mind, that a t-56 shifter in the stock location will come up under the stock bench seat.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Dealer can not and will not do what you want. Spend the money and get HP Tuners.

Quick Reply: 75 k10/99 ls1-t56