Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Gen Camaro Lq9 swap question 99 vette fpr???

Old 05-24-2011, 04:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Gen Camaro Lq9 swap question 99 vette fpr???

Hey everyone im kyle, I have been reading on here a lot about doing this LS swap and it inspired me to buy my own 69 camaro and Lq9 engine. I have a question about this 99 vette fuel pressure regulator that people use in this swap. I have seen that fuel routing diagram on THE BASICS thread and im confused my Fuel Rail has two nipples (that sounded dirty lol) one for inlet one for return. Now so does this damn 99 vette Fuel pressure regulator but according to that diagram im supposed to run a line from the single outlet side of the regulator to the inlet side of the rail and run a return from the *** end of the regulator to the tank and run the other remaining nipple on the regulator to the tank as a pick up. Now this is where I get confused what about the return nipple on my fuel rail do I block it off some how like hose clamp a hose to one end and a plug in the other or do I need some different rail the diagram doesnt mention that return nipple on the fuel rail at all
Old 05-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Corvette FPR was originally designed for the LS1 which did not have a return line on the fuel rails. You can swap to an LS1 fuel rail, or possible just block off your return line. I'm sure someone else can comment on using a return style fuel rail with the Corvette FPR. I don't have any experience with the return style fuel rails.

Search this Thread