Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

87 Blazer swap info

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 87 Blazer swap info

Had a guy want to buy my modified L92 and 6L80E package I had in the classifieds. He wanted to put it in his 1987 K-5 Blazer, there are a bunch of questions I would have liked to be able to answer but am still hunting down info and thought you guys might have some ideas on the swap. I'll list some stuff and weather I have an answer or no, tell me if I'm wrong please!

L92 and 6L80E fits no problem in a Blazer, stock SBC motor mounts plus S&P plates.

Is there a fuel injected gas tank available easily for those trucks? no answer possibly a later tank would fit?

How to connect the existing 700R4 transfer case to the AWD 6L80E trans, was told there was a step down available but have not located one yet so I consider that still no answer.

Front and rear drive-shafts would need trimming but that should not be expensive.

Trans crossmember needs to be moved a couple inches back, my tape measure said yes.

Any other issues I have missed? MY setup has computer and harness so the usual harness rework should make it fairly painless.

thanks
Old 05-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone done any of this before?