Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutlass Lsx conversion power steering help?

Old 05-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutlass Lsx conversion power steering help?

I have a 72 cutlass with factory steering box, how do you go by connecting the ls1 power steering pump to the cutlass steering box. Do i need to get new line and connections or are there a way to convert the ls1 connection to the 72 connection? Thanks
Old 05-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by martell
I have a 72 cutlass with factory steering box, how do you go by connecting the ls1 power steering pump to the cutlass steering box. Do i need to get new line and connections or are there a way to convert the ls1 connection to the 72 connection? Thanks
I had a new high pressure line made at the local hydraulic shop. It was $65.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Cut the inverted flair end off your old cutlass hose. Cut the O ring fitting off the LS PS hose. Put the inverted flair fitting on the cutoff metal end of the LS hose and double flair it.
Or
Remove the output fitting and spring from the cutlass pump, and screw it into the LS pump, reuse the hi pressure cutlass hose.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by garys 68
Cut the inverted flair end off your old cutlass hose. Cut the O ring fitting off the LS PS hose. Put the inverted flair fitting on the cutoff metal end of the LS hose and double flair it.
Or
Remove the output fitting and spring from the cutlass pump, and screw it into the LS pump, reuse the hi pressure cutlass hose.
NOTE: You better have a bad *** double flaring tool to flare that high pressure line. It is some thick stuff.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Very true, but mine didn't leak. I swaped it out when I changed to the jeep steering box, so I think I've still got the old one. It's set up for the truck accessories, but it's free to a good home if anyone needs it.
Originally Posted by speedtigger
NOTE: You better have a bad *** double flaring tool to flare that high pressure line. It is some thick stuff.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys I found this shop that makes lines so I'm going t have them made. I hope I can stay around $40.00 for the both of them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cutlass Lsx conversion power steering help?