Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

serial data a/c request

Old 05-28-2011, 09:45 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default serial data a/c request

Has anyone with a newer pcm that has the serial data a/c request tried to just hook it up like the express van 12v request to pin 17?

I have an 03 suburban pcm and I`m thinking of giving it a try as HPTuners told me they do not do a/c segment swaps, and no one seems to have found any other solutions. Hopefully they left the programming for either request in the PCM at GM?
Old 05-28-2011, 12:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

I tried it, or more accuratley, my tuner tried it, and never did get it to work. I lost count of how many times he tried, swapping files from other tunes, ect. In the end, I just bypassed the PCM all together.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ls1nova71 how do you have your fans controlled and did you have to bump the idle up to compensate for the compressor load?
Old 05-29-2011, 12:57 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thats what I`m up against now, I don`t think it will matter in this conversion for the idle speed as its a stocker. But I will probably end up putting a secondary relay in for the fans if I have to go that route.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by arthropraxis
ls1nova71 how do you have your fans controlled and did you have to bump the idle up to compensate for the compressor load?
On that particular build I used the waterpump mounted clutch fan so it was a non issue, but on my other cars with electric fans, I didn't do anything to increase the idle. It's really not noticable when the A/C comes on because the IAC (or DBW throttle body, if that's what you have) compensates for it pretty quick. Been driving them for years that way with no problems.

I should mention that my electric fan cars, the fans are controlled by the PCM, and also have trinary switches to turn on the fan when the A/C needs them.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Now to get the hoses made.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: serial data a/c request