Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1/t56 swap in 87ta,cranks but wont start :( Help!!!

Old 05-29-2011, 11:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Default ls1/t56 swap in 87ta,cranks but wont start :( Help!!!

hey guys,after a week of working on my car swapping this ls1/t56.i finally tried to start the car tonight and to my big disappointment the car wont start.

i bought the ecm from spareecm and had all emissions,vats,skip shift,rear o2 etc deleted and modified a stock harness myself.during cranking the motor spins as if its not making compression...i dont have exhaust on it yet just open header.at first i had my feed and return lines backwards on the vette filter lol and a slight leak.i fixed that and still no luck when i tried to start it again.

then i pulled number #1 plug..and its bone dry which indicates im not getting any fuel from the injectors.what would tell the ecm not to fire the injectors or spark.i tried putting fuel in the throttle body and cranked it over but still got nothing..not even a stumble.just seems like the motor is turning over freely..no compression :S

ive been checking all the grounds on the sensors,all ignitions,..fuel pressure is normal.im thinking i have a junk ecm or something isnt wired for it to fire

i dont know what else would tell the ecm not to fire but can anyone tell me if i need these wires hooked up to anything:

ecm blue connector:
pin 34 orn/blk neutral safety switch-do i need this with man trans?

ecm red connector:
pin30 dk blu fuel enable-does this have to be wired up and to what?
pin 53 gra/blk ignition retard signal-what does this mean and do i need it?
pin 51 tft sensor?is this needed for anything?

need help of what to check for..ive spent hours today hoping id be driving and fine tuning..cant think straight anymore.i got 2 days left to get my car done and out.any suggestions would be great.thanks
Old 05-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make sure you dont have the ecm ignition power hooked up to switched
when you crank the starter it take power off of the switched power.
I has to have Ignition power. It will turn on the fuel pump but Kill the power to the ecm when you try and start it. just a thought. Good luck.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Thats exactly what the problem was.car runs good and strong,now I just need to figure out how to get a tach signal for my factory gauge to work..aswell as the aftermarket autometer tach to work and Ill be happy.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey , I would say yes, yes, yes and yes . The neutral safety switch will keep it from cranking so You're ok there . Fuel enable is to a switch usually located in the trunk . it disables power to the fuel pump in the case of a roll over . You should be able to just ground it to sensor ground on the ecm or get a roll over switch n be a little safer . Ignition retard sig , do You have knock sensors hooked up ? If so , then I have no idea on that 1 .tft I believe is transmission fluid temp and You should'nt need that 1 . I would say probably just the fuel enable should enable it to run . Good luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ls1/t56 swap in 87ta,cranks but wont start :( Help!!!