Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

69 Camaro LS1 HELP!!!

Old 05-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 69 Camaro LS1 HELP!!!

Okay, I'm resuming a stalled project from a couple years back, and things are going alright with a few problems. Biggest of which is a tiny bit of wiring. I have a 01 LS1 planted in and have gotten it to run, but the problem is i have to hotwire it at the under hood fuse panel every time.

It's been a couple years since i did my wiring and cant remember exactly what i did, but i can tell you that i had pinouts galore and traced and labeled every wire... stripped down my factory 2001 engine bay harness without modifying ANYTHING... just took out the unnecessaries...

Here are my specifics... after you hook up the battery and ONLY after the FIRST time you turn the key, you can hear the fuel pump prime.

key must be on for the pump to keep pressure.

to get the motor to crank i have to jump the purple and red wires under the starter relay in the fuse box...

motor will not shut off when you turn the key off... i have to disconnect the coil pack plugs.

best i can remember i have the green wire from the starter relay connected to the purple factory harness labeled "starter solenoid" (american autowire replacement kit)

I believe did it that way because i thought that the green would be the request wire to the key, the purple to the starter, the red from the power source, and the yellow/black would be the ground.

I have tested all the key switches, bypassed the neutral safety, and tried replacing the relay...

someone please help!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Teching In

After a little thinking, i believe the reason for the fuel pump not priming every time is probably the lack of a return fuel line so the pressure is not bleeding off and doesn't need to prime.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you find a fix to your problem I am having the same problem with my chevelle
Old 06-13-2011, 04:46 AM
Teching In

Yes... I have my wiring all sorted out now... no thanks to anyone on here. So tell me your exact problems and maybe I can help since no one else around here is willing to.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 69 Camaro LS1 HELP!!!