Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats all needed to go the fuel injection route? (chevelle swap)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats all needed to go the fuel injection route? (chevelle swap)

Im sorry if this has been asked before, but what kinda of componets are needed to swap an ls1 into a chevelle as far as pcm, wiring, etc? and which ones are you using?

Thinking about throwing in a forged bottom end 346 (aluminum) in my chevelle to lighten it up a bit and putting a good bit of giggle gas to it. Anyone know what there chevelle weighs with an ls1 in it? Mine with the sbc now is pretty heavy I know that...
Old 06-01-2011, 07:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well first off your best bet is to find a donor car or truck. Using the factory ECM wire harness is what alot of people are doing.

There are alot of places that give you many options on how to place the motor/trans into your car. BRP has a complete setup, or you can just buy some plates and place it in your self( which may require some modification). This is where which oil pan you run will make a difference.

As far as fuel some are using the 94-96 Impala SS fuel tank sence it uses an internal pump. I am using a stock tank that I sumped with a comp. engineering sump setup, walbro 255 external pump and corvette filter/regulater.

There is as a sticky up in the top of this forum that has a list of the Abodys that have been done already. Read up on it there are tons of info there.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I used a fbody harness/pcm (easy to modify to work), Walbro pump, $30 roll of fuel hard line from Summit, handful of compression fittings, Corvette filter/regulator, and I cut the stock tank open and put a metal box around the pickup to help with slosh. Does really well until around 5 gallons.

My car weighs roughly 3600 without me or my stuff in the trunk and 3/4 tank or so.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on what the other have stated.. Donner with complete EFI setup the Cheapest, most complete way to go. I am using a stock 99' LS1, wiring and pcm.

my Chevelle with everything done, 12-13 gal of fuel. Two boxes of Dynamat... came in at 3550 lbs.. I used B-body Spindle and Hotchkis sport spring. it should have been almost 3" drop. but after doing the conversion and all. the car sat about stock height or maybe a bit higher ! LOL had to cut a 1/2 coil off to get it down to where I wanted it.

I am using the Impala tank with a Racetronix pump/wiring setup going to a Vette FPR

Quick Reply: Whats all needed to go the fuel injection route? (chevelle swap)