Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power to Factory Fusebox?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power to Factory Fusebox?

Id like to use the factory 5.3 fusebox for my swap. Ive been following LT1Swap so far, but Im wondering how the factory sent battery power to the fusebox? How was it fused? Ill be running the fuel pump relay from the factory fusebox as well so I would like to be sure it is properly fused from the battery. I can see the Maxi fuses used by the factory, but can't find a good resource as to how they were wired up and fed power. Ive been using my multi-meter to try and make sense of it, but I would LOVE some to see how they were wired up from the factory.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

The factory underhood fusebox is powered straight from the positive battery cable, it is not fused and is only about 10" long.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
The factory underhood fusebox is powered straight from the positive battery cable, it is not fused and is only about 10" long.
Is it the C1-B11 connection that is referenced on LT1Swap?

What are all of the Maxi fuses for then? I have some of the diagrams for them, but they all state the function as battery power, and not what they connect into. I would think the power to the fuel pump would be fused at least?
Old 06-13-2011, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

The Maxi fuses usually are a redundant fuse that feeds several smaller fuses, so a 60 amp fuse may protect several 10 amp fuses in case of a large short.