Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

275x street/strip car first project-need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 275x street/strip car first project-need help

Quick Background, i am almost done my first year of schooling to become an auto tech, and am looking to start a project between semesters. the goal would be to build the foundation for a forged, sprayed lsx drag car that can be driven to the track. (no creature comforts here, just the basics). i want to drop an lsx, modern trans, and 9" rear into the car, capable of handling 1000+rwhp now to the q's
1. what should i be looking for when i go out car shopping?
i need something that is pre 1988 so it can be exempt from emissions testing. i was leaning gen 3 camaro/firebird as i find that body style appealing.
2. i planned on buying an iron blocked lsx engine/trans for mach up and then building them up after my second year. which ones should i get ??
3. what rear would be able to handle the power and not break the bank?(i'm assuming i wont be able to hold out on the rear end and will have to buy it to get past stage 1)

any and all help is greatly appreciated. hope to get something caged, fabbed, painted, and rolling before the winter.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

You might look into finding a nice lightweight Foxbody roller to swap all your goodies into!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

look at a moser 9" with 40 spline axles and a spool .or consider a dana 60 with a spool.maybe get the 6.0 iron block.

Quick Reply: 275x street/strip car first project-need help