Sponsored by:

Fuel Line Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Line Help

Folks,

I'm sure it's been asked a hundred times but I seem to be doing the wrong search terms. I'm plumbing fuel lines this weekend (I just got done bending up the feed line) and I hope to have that checked off the list, but I have a few questions.

1. Which is the feed and the return line on the truck 5.3 liters? Top or Bottom?

2. If I have the return and the feed on the truck manifold it's true that I don't have to get the corvette fuel regulator/filter, right?

3. I'm running an external walbro pump from the original lines in the gas tank and going into the 3/8 feed. The line coming out of the tank is smaller than 3/8. Will I have problems? The way it's working is the lines are going from tank to pre-filter, to walbro pump, to fuel rails. The return was going to run from return to tank.

Thanks all for the help!
Mike
Old 06-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

anyone?
Old 06-18-2011, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

You will want to run a minimum 3/8" supply and 5/16" return.

Try a SEARCH for your other questions.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

I've searched and I'm lost. I'm compiling my parts. I'm going to put the 3/8 steel hard line I've installed on and I need to connect those onto the -6 braided hose. Does anyone have a part number for getting the two together? I noticed most folks are running miles of braided hose. I was hoping to save money by running the steel hard line. The steel hardline is the straight stuff that you get from advanced auto and then bend yourself.

I know it's probably been answered a million times, but I can't find it.

Thanks for any help!
Mike
Old 06-23-2011, 02:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

2)Depending on year I believe will determine if you do not need a corvette filter regulator because the truck intakes/fuel rail can have a regulator built in to them. I can not remember if it was all of them or not but I know that the newer ones are supposed to.

3)I know that this will cause the pump to have to work harder to get it out of the tank area, not sure if it will be enough to cause any issues. How small is it exactly? what is the application is it all stock motor?

sorry i know it is not a lot of help but hopefully it will help some.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Staging Lane

welldonecj7,

Thanks for the response. Any idea is helpful when your absolutely frustrated with your situation.

It looks like in 02 there WAS a regulator mounted on the fuel rail of the manifold so I shouldn't need the corvette filter/regulator. Instead, I'm running the 02 yukon filter which takes a 3/8" pipe thread.

My main issue last night was converting from what I think is a double or inverted flare to NPT and if they were compatible. Well, I stumbled into an answer here: http://www.inlinetube.com/install%20...aring%2045.htm . Inline tube seems like a good resource for a bunch of this small information that's commonly overlooked.

If you don't want to click on the link above, the answer is: NPT can be used on -an or on inverted flare fittings and vice versa, however, inverted flare and -an are always incompatible if connected together.

Thanks again all!
Mike

Quick Reply: Fuel Line Help