Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSI Conversion Harness FTW

Old 06-22-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thumbs up PSI Conversion Harness FTW

Bought one of the LS1 DBC stand alone harnesses from Jon at PSI for my LS1 swapped mustang. I was so worried about the wiring of the swap I thought it almost made me not do it. Upon searching for a harness I saw PSI and did a lot of research and read the instructions 35 times and finally ordered.

It came time to install the harness and let me tell you unwrapping the harness felt damn intimidating until I realized one step at a time and follow the instructions. I literally had the harness installed on the car in an hour. Most time consuming part for me was finding a spot to sldie it through the firewall.

The harness was very well put together, good length for the breakoffs to the different connectors and the lists of wires and descriptions were very helpful.

I spoke with John a couple times about a few random questions with the most recent being how to hook up a stock 99 trans am gauge cluster to the tach. He spent a lot of time going through alldata looking at wiring diagrams and pinouts to finally give me his suspected answer. He even sent me a message at 10:30pm tonight with his input and has been extremely helpful.

Also he tookt he time to draw me up a wiring diagram of how exactly I needed to hook up the stock fbody fans to his harness and he made it very simple to understand and they worked first try.

Great customer service is hard to find and Jon stepped up big time with a nice harness and great custoemr service. When I do my next swap no doubt ill be grabbing a harness from him. Props to Jon for being a great vendor for this forum!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good to hear another positive about swap harnesses, I am debating on trying to modify my harness, send it off to be modified or buy a all new one.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by welldonecj7
good to hear another positive about swap harnesses, I am debating on trying to modify my harness, send it off to be modified or buy a all new one.
I didnt have one with my engine so I had to buy new, but if I did have one I would sell it, then put that towards a new harness. It will definetly look cleaner and you know it's gonna work. PSI states that before any harness is shipped out they test them in house.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:41 AM
TECH Resident

+100 for PSI....Jon's service is crazy! I ordered up one of his harnesses thru Ebay and he called me on a Sunday and we hashed out the details of it...one HOUR after I placed the order! He also got me a good deal on a ton of other parts for my set-up and calibrated my PCM to them.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Staging Lane

I dont post a whole lot, cause I dont have much to add. But this is one glowing review of a vendor. Mad props to Jon @ PSI.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BanditDave
+100 for PSI....Jon's service is crazy! I ordered up one of his harnesses thru Ebay and he called me on a Sunday and we hashed out the details of it...one HOUR after I placed the order! He also got me a good deal on a ton of other parts for my set-up and calibrated my PCM to them.

+1 I didnt need much help but I had about 3 quick questions on 4th of july weekend last year and he was available answered them quickly and I had the car running with all electrical systems working first time, in about 2 hours.

Most of that time being running wires, soldering, wrapping wires with heat shielding, wrapping in electrical tape and ziptying in place.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PSI all so did my harness for my LS1 swap in to my 1972 nova and Jon is one of the best guys around and can help a Ton when you need it.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

good to hear. Havent installed my harness yet, but on the frst swap i did i got ripped off for $450 to suppossedly rework the stock camaro one that had nothing done to it basically. After unwrapping the new harness im really pleased with the way it looks. Plus i can put the pcm inside the car like i wanted to do but couldnt with the stock harness.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Question

Someone here posted that you would sell the existing factory harness and put the cash towards a PSI type swap harness. Question, I have a complete stock harness with my 07 TB SS Ls2 w/ 4L70 trans, what do I need to save from this harness or is the swap harness from PSI all I need to complete the engine/trans swap. I know I will need to keep the ECM & PCM.

Thanks, Tony
Old 07-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

Tony, they will need your computers. Good luck selling your old harness. Even if you don't sell your old harness Jon is cheaper and makes a clean harness. You have to ASK about every little part of the harness with some of the other guys and what seems cheap amounts to more. I started a thread about this a while ago, did a lot of research, called everybody 2 or 3 times and went with PSI. Plus i think you have a 58* reluctor and a lot of guys when I was calling around didn't do it then. There was only two who absolutely could.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just wanted to add that my experience with PSI harnesses was EXCELLENT as well. I have a truck 5.3 that has been converted to an LS6 intake and car accesories (basically an F-body motor.) Got the harness in the mail, fit beautifully on the motor, and come time for startup, it fired on the first crank. Jon also has excellent customer service and if he happens to not answer the phone, he will call you back ASAP. I will highly recommend him and PSI to anybody looking for a standalone harness. Thier price is unbeatable as well compared to (ripoff) painless stuff.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I spoke with John a couple times about a few random questions with the most recent being how to hook up a stock 99 trans am gauge cluster to the tach. He spent a lot of time going through alldata looking at wiring diagrams and pinouts to finally give me his suspected answer. He even sent me a message at 10:30pm tonight with his input and has been extremely helpful.

Also he tookt he time to draw me up a wiring diagram of how exactly I needed to hook up the stock fbody fans to his harness and he made it very simple to understand and they worked first try.
Did you happen to keep this info? I'm planning to use a camaro cluster & fan set with my swap and could really use some help with the wiring. The harness will be coming from PSI but I'm sure I'll need some assistance with the cluster, fans, and who knows whatever else.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Launching!

PSI is a great company, they are always on here helping people too, giving away free advice and nice tips, great customer service for sure, congrats, glad you are happy
Old 12-17-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Ok I will be the stick in the mud. I had a stock 2006 LS2 GTO harness that had been reworked by Wait4meperformance a few years back to be stand alone and all was good until recently I decided I wanted my cruise control to work, I put calls into Wait4me and they said it can't be done wih my harness and my E40 PCM unless I wired in a BCM. I talked to Jon at PSI and was told it couldn't be done either but I could use a corvette TAC and pedal and the 411 PCM and a new harness and then I could have the wires needed for cruise control. So I sourced a C5 corvette tac and pedal and everyone knows all of the LS swap guys want this particular tac and price used ones anywhere from $400-$600 the pedals are cheap anywhere from $50-$125 the TAC is on back order from GM and have been for over a year and are probably going to be discontinued. I also bought a used 411 PCM and was going to send these items to Jon at PSI to make me a harness and to verify the used parts I had were in working condition. Then I got a tip from a friend to call John at Speartech and tell him about my original GTO harness and ask him about cruise control, well dammit he told me no problem thats easily doable that to send him my original ls2 GTO harness that was already standalone and my pcm and he would reconfigure it to have the cruise control wires I needed but he would need to flash my PCM with a Trailblazer tune and I would need to change my accelerator pedal from the GTO pedal to a Trailblazer pedal and this all would be done for under $500.00 with the new Trailblazer pedal included. Well **** I had already spent close to $700.00 for my corvette pedal and TAC and a 411 PCM. Long story short I had my original harness reworked by Speartech and now have cruise control with my original LS2 GTO harness with a E40 pcm and Trailblazer pedal. How come everyone talked to me like I was asking to pull their teeth and Speartech said no problem that is easy to do? So I have a C5 corvette TAC and Pedal for sale if anyone is interested in these items, I already sold the PCM

Last edited by lizeec; 12-17-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Teching In

Thumbs up more good feedback for psi

it was 8:50 pm last night when i was reading up on psi harness's while waiting for my food at cracker barrel and not knowing where PSI was located i figured i would call and ask a few ?'s about there merch and ask a few more questions on what i do and dont need for the 5.3 swap in my girls 67 chevelle sedan and sure enough jon answered and gave me lots of awesome info that made me for sure choose him for all my fuel and wiring needs to do this and my 88 monte carlo ls6/t56 swap and right as my food got to the table i asked him where he was located and he said NJ, i asked when do yall close? and he said its the Giants game tonight we arent leaving so if you have any other questions feel free to call. so like i said he deff. got my business for these 2 projects and i will recommend anyone else to him for there swap needs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PSI Conversion Harness FTW