Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3/4l60e in a 62 impala wagon need help!!:)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 12:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3/4l60e in a 62 impala wagon need help!!:)

Hi everyone,I am putting a 5.3/4l60e combo into mt 62 impala wagon,and i need help with setting my driveline angle,i have the motor sitting in the bare chassis no body on, fits great but i am confused on the driveline angle and how to accomplish this,i am looking for the 3 degree downward angle and i was told to have the chassis level then place a gauge on the valley of the engine to get my 3 degree down angle,that is not working it is WAY off,i think i have to go off of the tranny output shaft to measure,and not care to much about the engine angle is this correct? If so how do you do that and do i need a complete driveshaft in or can i just use the slip yoke for now?
Thank you for reading my story and hope someone has experience with this on an x-frame chassis.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Launching!

Micah do you have any pictures? I am doing a LS3 crate engine and a TCI 4L60e in a 64 impala 2dr. I also am doing a frame off. I am hung up on waiting for my brakes which has taken 2+ months so far.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

yeh dude i have a ton of pics of the resto,but by the looks of the few pics you posted on another thread your further along then me I 'm just at mock up stage,chassis is still blasted not painted,that rack looks sweet in there fits nice,i 'm just doing a 605 box. will try to post some later.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Well im in mock up stage as well. Ive been waiting 2+ months for my big brake kit. Its been very frustrating waiting for them cause next step is rims/exhaust/lines then disassemble for powdercoat. Yea the RACK looks great in there the only problem is that the cradle that bolts the the original box/idler is 1/2" short. I called flaming and they didnt have an answer so I used my mill and made a nice spacer for it.

Quick Reply: 5.3/4l60e in a 62 impala wagon need help!!:)