Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wanting to use truck harness and intake on a 68 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanting to use truck harness and intake on a 68 camaro

I found a 5.3 truck motor complete with harness,ecm,and accecories. I would like to use all of the truck parts I can to keep the cost down but don't know what problems I will run into I can deal with the looks of the intake but I know its a lot taller than the ls1 intake I have a 2inch cowl hood and could go with a little taller if needed. The harness I've heard don't look to good either but that ok. I also wanted to know about what oil pan I would need and what mounts work the best for clearence. I am thinking about doing a single turbo also. Thanks for any info.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:01 AM
9 Second Club

I always use truck pcms & harnesses. they are much cheaper & there is no difference really. I cut all the crap off such as the fuse panel & make my own custom set up. Plus you have to change the injector ends if you are going to run bosch style injectors.

I pull all uneeded pins from the pcm plug and run a speed density 2 bar tune.
You can add a pin for electric fan control.

One good thing about the truck intake is you may have the return style fuel rails that are already boost ref. I have one on my old rat rod & so far I have ran 15 lbs boost with stock everything except injectors & dual fuel pumps.

the pan won't work, it hangs too low. look into buying an h3 pan, i think. I have never done an old camaro.

Good luck
Old 06-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by code4
I always use truck pcms & harnesses. they are much cheaper & there is no difference really. I cut all the crap off such as the fuse panel & make my own custom set up. Plus you have to change the injector ends if you are going to run bosch style injectors.

I pull all uneeded pins from the pcm plug and run a speed density 2 bar tune.
You can add a pin for electric fan control.

One good thing about the truck intake is you may have the return style fuel rails that are already boost ref. I have one on my old rat rod & so far I have ran 15 lbs boost with stock everything except injectors & dual fuel pumps.

the pan won't work, it hangs too low. look into buying an h3 pan, i think. I have never done an old camaro.

Good luck
Thanks for the info. That's what I plan to do I want to run 10-15psi on it. What kind of fuel pumps do you run?
Old 06-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Make life easy on yourself and get a champs/autokraft oil pan. I have one on my 67 camaro, fits perfect and no worries.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by armour
Make life easy on yourself and get a champs/autokraft oil pan. I have one on my 67 camaro, fits perfect and no worries.
Cool thanks I will look into it. Wha kind of motor and tranny mounts are you using? And how do they fit?
Old 07-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Teching In

Exclamation Nice, I also have the same set up

Originally Posted by kscocoa
Cool thanks I will look into it. Wha kind of motor and tranny mounts are you using? And how do they fit?
LS2 SS Trailblazer engine and 4L60 Tranny into 67 Camaro.

Im debating on whether or not to try and build it with the truck intake and wiring it came with. Not sure if I can pull it off, I need a little help and cost involved. I have already purchased the Muscle Rodz swap kit, hedders, mounts and tranny mounts. No pan yet, looking into the Holley pan but I need to decide what to do... How is your build coming along?

Quick Reply: wanting to use truck harness and intake on a 68 camaro