Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thumper cam

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default thumper cam

I'm in the market for a cam to put in my tbss ls2. Has anyone used the thumper series by comp? Are they any good? I'm just looking for something mild w good performance and a nicw lobe. Its going into a 72 chevelle w a t56 w 3:73 rear ratio. Thanks Kevin
Old 06-28-2011, 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To get a good lopping idle, most will use a CAM with a low LSA (108 - 112 deg).

But to get good HP out of it, the rest of the cam dynmaic need to match up to provide good torque and HP. The Thumpr Series cam were design with this in mind. The not only use a low LSA but increase the duration of the Exhaust to help with the power and idle sound.

Many will say to you not going to get much out of it. but then other have said you will get good power... so..depend on what your looking for. If your looking to get a mean idle while cruising. The Thurmpr well be idea. Not sure of HP / TQ.. have not really seem many report there dyno numbers on it.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They can make great hp in the right combination. Check out this installation in a 5.3L.

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles..._manifold.html
Old 08-11-2011, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Wrong thread perhaps? Anyway, looks good. I'm about to do the same spindles with c6 brakes.
As for the thumper cam, all I've ever read is people bashing it but not giving any real reason. I wanted the same stuff as you and ended up with a TR224 on 112. A pretty common cam that doesn't seem to require much special to be useful.

Quick Reply: thumper cam