Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which FRAME mounts for 81 camaro 5.3/4 speed swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 11:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Which FRAME mounts for 81 camaro 5.3/4 speed swap

Whats up guys... Heres the deal im puttin a 5.3 with super t10 into my 81 camaro but i cant seem to find where you get the good small block chevy FRAME mounts, I'm wondering where you guys go yours...I have decided to use the template from the stickies to make the engine side of the motor mount...I just cant figure out which frame mounts to use in order to get my stock driveshaft for the 4 speed to work...I think i will have to use the 1.25" setback plates on the engine side in order to get the driveshaft good...Anyone with second gen camaro ls swap steer me in the right direction??? I think a muncie would be the more or less same thing as the borg warner super t10 that i got...Thanks
Old 07-04-2011, 06:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

You can get them at Classic Industries. I have a spare set too. PM me if interested. I'll let them go cheap + shipping. It was my inderstanding that the LSx is 1" shorter and would need 1" setback plates. If you are using the clamshell mounts, Carshop 1"SB plates are the ticket. You can use cheaper Ebay plates, but you need ones with the three mount holes a little lower that the four motors holes.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I did a 5.3/Muncie combo in my 72 442. Pretty much all the vendors, OPGI, Year One, Parts Place had the frame mounts. Check them.
The 1" setback plates is a little forward of the original position but I was still able to use the original driveshaft.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with the Moroso weld-in frame mounts with urethane uppers. They were located by bolting the engine to the trans, mounting the trans mount in its normal location and tacking the engine mounts to the frame. Also managed to fit the Corvette bat wing oil pan without too much fuss. I added a second oil drain plug (yellow arrow) to make life easier later.

Quick Reply: Which FRAME mounts for 81 camaro 5.3/4 speed swap