Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 with an f body oil pan issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 with an f body oil pan issues

Guru's I am putting a 6.0 (LQ4) into a rockcrawling buggy. I am not wanting to use the truck oil pan because it larger and will cause clearance issues. I bought an F body oil pan, and pick up tube to use on it. I did not buy the windage tray and wasn't sure if I needed the one from the F body or if I could use the one on the LQ4. I also installed an Trap-Door Racing Oil Pan Baffle for F-Body Pan. When I got to bolt the pan up I am having fitment issues in the front of the pan and it will not sit flush. Are there any mods that I need to do to make this fit? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive Heard, that you need the matching windage tray and pickup to the Oil pan you use.
When i went from the Truck pan to the Hummer Pan i had to buy the pan, pickup and windage tray.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the windage trays on the fbody and truck pans are nearly identical except that the truck one goes an additional set of mains forward. otherwise identical and the truck one can be cut back to fit/look/work like the fbody one

Quick Reply: LQ4 with an f body oil pan issues