Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Gauge Issue on Camaro Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Gauge Issue on Camaro Conversion

We are using an LS1 from a 2000 Firebird in a 69 Camaro. We installed the stock gauges from the 2000 Firebird. All gauges work except the fuel gauge.

We are using a stock 69 Camaro sending unit (0-90 ohm). We are measuring 45 ohms witch I assume should indicate about a 1/2 tank (About what we assume is in the tank). I have adjusted the Tune using HPTuners from the stock 20-150 to 0-90. However the gauge still only shows empty.

Will the gauge work this sending unit. If so, what am I missing?

The only part from the original Firebird not connected is the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor. (Besides the tank/sending unit).

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went through this -almost. Try filling the A/D count tables to read say 10 gallons across the board. That should show just over 1/2 on the gauge. My guess is you will have to empty the tank and then fill the tank at say 2 gallon intervals and find out where the A/D counts are. You will then have to fill the table accordingly so it corresponds to the gauge. Since it is the factory gauge that table should be correct. I have verified and am running an aftermarket gauge with a 0-90ohm unit through the PCM.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 167 Likes on 97 Posts

I had to install the compatible tank sender/pump assy (2006 GTO) to get my GTO gauge module to read the fuel level correctly in my conversion.....

Ken